Battery Question

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The correct voltage and current is the requirement; so, the type of battery should not matter. The up side of using alkaline batteries is that they weaken at a slow curve. The ni-mh drop out real fast without much notice. They could work fine at home in a precheck, but quit suddenly out in the field. (10 miles from the nearest store)

For the gospel on detector batteries, call the tech people for your brand of detector. Tesoro folks are easy to contact; the rest, I'm not so sure.

OP
OP
F

frogwizard

It takes two 9 volt alkaline. I already have a charger and four 9 volt ni-mh batteries. That's why I asked. Thank you for your help.

OP
OP
F

frogwizard

It is a bounty hunter. My friend gave it to me. She never used it. It is the cheapie gold finding one. But I thought it was cool that she gave it to me. Thanks for the info. I appreciate you all helping me.

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
absolutely no problem,use it and safe planet. rechargeable battery produses makes them to be interchangeable with alkaline.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread