Bazooka Highbanker Manifold

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
that manifold feeds three different pipes that attach to the pipes in the bazooka's trap Barry. They have to have a seal to make the tubes work. Any water loss on the trap tubes would cause volume loss for the wash water. Thats the main problem with add on hibanker attachments on the bazooka. you need as much water going over the grizzly as you can get. Your Idea is great for a spray bar but he's making a manifold.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your comment.But this manifold is not to introduce water to the sluice deck its for the pressure tubes.

Yeah I was missing that. Now I understand thanks! :thumbsup:

Seems like reengineering the Bazooka for highbanker use creates an entirely different machine than originally designed. Interesting approach. Best of luck.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
T

TheForSaken

Apr 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the water flow for my particular river was a little better, I wouldn't have a need to do all these modifications.
I choose the bazooka cause of the simplicity of the unit, only in my situation I have to over-complicate things a little before having it dialed in ��

OP
OP
T

TheForSaken

Apr 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K, finished up some more modifications. Still not field tested but have high hopes that this design will get me close to where I want to be.
I managed to build this highbanker for less than $20. Got all the metal from my jobsite. Just had to buy the sump pump hose and the shelf rack for the grizzly. The goal here was to keep it cheap. I don't own a metal brake and the galvanize sheet metal is fairly heavy, 16 gauge. So I ended up taking the middle hinge off of a steel corridor door and simply used the door as a brake.
She ain't pretty but she'll be a work horse.
I'll post a video once I'm able to get out there and actually move some dirt.
20160725_161655.jpg
20160725_161713.jpg
20160725_161727.jpg 20160725_161744.jpg

OP
OP
T

TheForSaken

Apr 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made it out with the kids. First weekend with no rain in a while.
Heading back out alone this morning without the kids gonna give me a chance to play around a little more with the valve input. Wish I could say I'm not losing gold, but I am.
Had a fellow about 100 feet from me with a brand spanking new gold hog raptor that put me to shame with his clean out
https://youtu.be/AMc0h96CNfo

OP
OP
T

TheForSaken

Apr 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So just panned out my cons and my weight for 2 days is around .2 grams. I can say with confidence that the bazooka is best left as the way it was designed, as a river sluice.
I've tried almost everything under the sun to get these going as a highbanker and the performance is Lousy.
If anybody in Canada looking for a bazooka 48" prospector heavy walled with 1/4" grizzlies. And that plans on using it as a river sluice. Hit me up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread