OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Rich...I think that Carl is sure that his theory about the use of L-Rods is right. It is all random guessing. For some of the others it is just a form of entertainment. Most of the Skeptics have no idea about how Dowsing works and are not willing to exchange any information. What Carl and others should realize is that most Dowsers are not going to take any test. We all ready know what we can do.

This question has been around forever. I don't think there will ever be an answer. Both sides are hardheaded and stubborn. Scientist are not going to answer the question for one simple reason. Not enough money .....Art

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
What Carl and others should realize is that most Dowsers are not going to take any test. We all ready know what we can do.

That's what the prize money is for...

Scientist are not going to answer the question for one simple reason. Not enough money .....Art

??? This is backwards... if dowsing works, then there is phenomenal money to be made. So the financial incentives are there to study and understand dowsing. Problem is, science has already done that.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Carl, If you truly only want to run your tests on lots of dowsers then you may want to attend the ASD dowsers convention in Vermont. The dowsers you find there will run the gamut from the blue-hairs who spent $10 at the YWCA to learn how to dowse the sex of unborn children; to the Reiki "Masters" who spend $10,000 per level for esoteric information that "permits" them to diagnose and heal; to the water witchers; to the missing person seekers; to the chakra dowsers; to the pet psychologists BUT I doubt that you would find any people there who are actually treasure hunters. The last year I belonged to the ASD was sometime in the 1970s. The point here is that those who know the least are the most likely to participate in your tests. The resultant data will then permit you to extrapolate all sorts of theories about dowsers. When the topic said Be Careful I assumed that someone was warning of the dangers of ouija boards..... For the record it is my humble opinion that your typical sceptic harms no one and not even himself when he spouts off on dowsing or any other subject. That all changes when you screw around with a ouija board. Your statement and belief that it is just a game is very dangerous. Use of these opens a portal to your home for many nasty entities. They stick around even after you put up the board. The ones who are there then attract others of their kind. Proceed with that investigation at your own risk. exanimo, ss

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
I too belonged to the ASD in the 1980's, and there were no treasure hunters in evidence then. Mostly, because you can't locate unknown lost or buried treasure by dowsing or the use of any electronic locating equipment. However, dowsing does work, and it would be asinine to keep screaming that it doesn't. My partner is a great example. Not too long ago, he would ridicule me about dowsing and dowsing tools. Once I showed him how to properly use a tool, he became a believer, and now is an excellent dowser. Just yesterday, I sent him a map, and asked him to map dowse for two shipwrecks that he did not know existed. He was hesitant, as he said that he didn't know if he could do this. He called back shortly with the results, DEAD ON !!! He located both wrecks. Yes dowsing does work.
Bill

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
That's what the prize money is for...

$25000 is 3.4 pounds of gold. If the gold is in the form of nuggets it is around 2 pounds. I agree that there are some big treasures out there. No one knows how many and probaly will not know when one is found. I don't want any more competition but I will try to help anyone....I learn something new all the time and yesterday was one of them....Art

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
Carl, If you truly only want to run your tests on lots of dowsers then you may want to attend the ASD dowsers convention in Vermont. ...BUT I doubt that you would find any people there who are actually treasure hunters.

My interest is in treasure dowsing, mainly LLAD devices. I'll let JREF, CSICOP and others deal with water dowsers and chakra dowsers. However, I've heard that ASD *strongly* discourages members from having anything to do with scientific testing, esp. Randi.

That all changes when you screw around with a ouija board. Your statement and belief that it is just a game is very dangerous. Use of these opens a portal to your home for many nasty entities.

Well, Toys-R-Us sells 'em, so I have to assume it's a toy. I wonder if Toys-R-Us and Parker Brothers carry extra-strength liability insurance, in case a Ouija owner gets possessed or something?

- Carl

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldminer said:
However, dowsing does work, and it would be asinine to keep screaming that it doesn't.

I'm just asking for someone to show me. Everyone who's tried, has failed.

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
Carl, and anyone else interested. If you ever get the chance to come to Arizona, we would be more than happy to SHOW you that dowsing works. You would even get a chance to see the Psi Tracker operate.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Just something to think about..I hear of MDer and Dowsers having little get togethers. What if you were to set up a small meeting of the two groups. No contest, just people using their equipment. I know there are MDers and Dowsers that would benifit. You may be able to get the information you want. Heck guy's...Back in the 60's I hated Japanise motorcycles and everyone that rode one. That is until I rode one.. Back in June I went out of state and searched in the dessert with a gentleman I met on T-Net. I learned how his equipment work and he learned about mine. Didn't locate much but had a great time. It's not good for any of us to fight all the time...Art

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
Just something to think about..I hear of MDer and Dowsers having little get togethers. What if you were to set up a small meeting of the two groups. No contest, just people using their equipment. I know there are MDers and Dowsers that would benifit. You may be able to get the information you want. Heck guy's...Back in the 60's I hated Japanise motorcycles and everyone that rode one. That is until I rode one.. Back in June I went out of state and searched in the dessert with a gentleman I met on T-Net. I learned how his equipment work and he learned about mine. Didn't locate much but had a great time. It's not good for any of us to fight all the time...Art

Oh, I don't really think any of us are fighting... just friendly debates. The tough part for me is living in NC... seems that most dowsers are out west.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
To paraphrase Will Rogers -"I never met a dowser I didn't like" and also "I never met a dowser without an excuse"

Ideomotor responses, solar flares, "charges"?, electro magnetic fields, fluxes, etc.... Man you guys oughtta write for Star Trek, and I mean that with the highest regards. ;)

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Musstag....And these Electronic Engineers say you can't jam a set of Dowsing Rods. Easy and simple...Art

percival

Oct 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
dowsing rod
i don`t know about any one else but i have seen where dowsing has worked and in no way could it be chance nor faked----i personally was a non believer of such things right up till i met a man in his 90`s in t or c new Mexico---after talking to him for a bit about my job we got around to my off time fun which was gold panning and hard rock recovery-- he then told me he wanted to shake my hand, thinking this to be strange i almost didn`t then he said he wanted to read me charge---then he told me after shaking my hand that with time i could Dow's for gold---i giggled then he gave me one penny-one dime-and one quarter--one piece of silver and one piece of gold--at which time he told me to go to his back yard and to hide them any where i wanted underground in trees where ever and he would then in turn find them for me--i left my girl friend and two kids in the house with him so he could not look out side and watch me---i hide each and every coin and the silver and gold---it took the old man almost 20 minutes to merely walk out side---at which time he made his way around the yard ever so slowly one by one he found each and every hiding coin--silver and gold...now for those that don`t believe i am sorry but i have seen and now i too believe...

bud Russell

Bill

Mar 19, 2003
Cocoa Beach
Bud,
Don't be put off by the skeptics on these forums, most just will not accept that dowsing is real. I have performed the exact tests that you just described many, many times, and watched other very successful treasure finders do the same. But, the problem, you see, is not in finding something that someone KNOWS where the object/s is hidden; but in finding unknown or lost objects.
Bill

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Hence all the outstanding photographs of the finds from dowsing, much like the metal detecting forum. ::)

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well , I don't find much difference If someones else hides it. If its been there 30 yrs, and someone buried it, then someone knew of it!! I have found coins, quarters, nickles, pennies, pieces of scrap metal..... all items that I don't know how or who lost or put them there. But maybe I missed a nickle or quarter here and there ........

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Well its about doggone time,TT. I missed you in Tucson, but maybe next time. Hope everything is still on the straight and narrow! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions