Ouija board

europe

Greenie
Jun 16, 2006
Hello

I am interested in using an ouija board in treasure hunting , so i would be really appriciate if you tell me liitle more abut using it in treasure hunting.... where can i buy the most appropriate board for treasure hunting?... i have been searching on ebay, but there are so many boards, and i dont know which one to buy..... any information about it would be very good.
Thanks for reading

Regards from Europe and good hunting

OP
OP
E

europe

Greenie
Jun 16, 2006
Thank you for your reply.
Can you tell me where can i buy, the most appropriate board?I have been looking on e-bay, and there are so many boards and really dont know...

Good hunting

Regards from Europe

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
europe said:
Can you tell me where can i buy, the most appropriate board?I have been looking on e-bay, and there are so many boards and really dont know...

You should ask the most successful treasure hunters, "Which Ouija board do you use?" Then you will know.

OP
OP
E

europe

Greenie
Jun 16, 2006
So, most succesful treasure hunters,Which Ouija board do you use?
I would be really glad if someone would help me, because here in our country dont know for anyone to use it...

Regards

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hotrod said:
Carl should clarify his advice: Find a treasure hunter who has experience with an Ouija Board. Just like with dowsing, if they can't do it they are only qualified to give you their opinion, not real advice.

I disagree. Anyone can treasure hunt with a Ouija board, whether they are successful or not. He should ask only successful treasure hunters what Ouija board they use... if they unanimously say, "Why, that's silly, I don't use a Ouija board!" then that is very valuable information.

OP
OP
E

europe

Greenie
Jun 16, 2006
Thank you very much, for your replies.
Is here anyone, who really uses, ouija board in treasure hunt?....I think that there are some of you who use it, but dont want to talk about it here...so if you want you can send me PM...would be really happy to learn about this aspect of treasure hunt.

Regards and good hunting

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
I would not recommend using one for serious hunting. As I've posted elsewhere, it is my experience that they lie.

I would further recommend against buying one -- the store bought ones actually hurt the "spirits" to use, and would tempt them to take out their pain on you. Do some research, and learn to make your own. Go to your local Wiccan resource store, get some books, ask around. But remember this: a Ouija board is not a toy, nor is it safe to use. You can (literally and spiritually) get lost with them.

Oh, one more caveat -- it takes several people at a time. to use one properly.

Now, as to a pointer, I've found that plastic film canister caps actually work quite well -- THAT isn't a critical item, the nature of the board is. That is, the layout and the proper power symbol make a difference - and the power symbol is different for different users, and different numbers of users, and is literally critical towards its working at all. And store-bought ones can't take that into account!

And, to fully protect yourself, you have to create a "circle of protection" around you when you use it, and that is something that only someone well versed in the ways of Wicca should be trusted with! Otherwise, "evil spirits" can take over, and cause all sorts of problems.

Woo-woo sounding, I know, but I speak from experience -- as would any good skeptic who has experienced what I have. I would personally stick with the tried-and-true tools of treasure hunting: a well stocked library, and a good metal detector! Although a bit costlier, this combination is far safer than a Ouija board!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I have one piece of advice for you...Dont go inviting trouble....and thats what a Ouija board will bring you. I agree with Captain Tripps...Its not a toy or for inexperienced users. If an Ouija board actually worked to find treasure.....then I guess all the great lost treasures of the world would not be lost anymore now would they.?

bigticket

Nov 9, 2005
Captain Trips said:
I would not recommend using one for serious hunting. As I've posted elsewhere, it is my experience that they lie.
Anthropomorphism! I accuse you of anthropomorphism!

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gypsyheart said:
Its not a toy...

Errr.... I think that's exactly what it is.

If an Ouija board actually worked to find treasure.....

Or lottery numbers, or missing persons, or useful information, or....

- Carl

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
bigticket said:
Captain Trips said:

HAHAHAHA!!! Good one, bigticket!

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
bigticket said:
Captain Trips said:

Uh, not quite. Since they are supposed to convey information, and they can convey misleading information, then they can lie. Humans aren't the only things with this capacity -- I work with computers, and know how they can lie. I've done a lot of amateur photography, and can tell you this: every photo ever taken is a lie. (Yes, EVERY photo -- they only show you what the photographer wants you to see, not what is really there.)

If these things can lie, why not a Ouija board? And, if they only are providing an outlet for an ideomotive response (as some claim) then they certainly can lie!

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Captain Trips said:
bigticket said:
Captain Trips said:

Uh, not quite. Since they are supposed to convey information, and they can convey misleading information, then they can lie. Humans aren't the only things with this capacity -- I work with computers, and know how they can lie. I've done a lot of amateur photography, and can tell you this: every photo ever taken is a lie. (Yes, EVERY photo -- they only show you what the photographer wants you to see, not what is really there.)

If these things can lie, why not a Ouija board? And, if they only are providing an outlet for an ideomotive response (as some claim) then they certainly can lie!
Huh? Computers don't lie, they can only give wrong data. They are incapable of intentionally misleading someone, unless a programmer tells them to do that.
The photos? The photos don't lie. They show what was there when the image was taken. Now, if they are captioned incorrectly, or are cropped in such a way that the whole picture isn't in view, then that would be the photographer or the person working the photo that was doing the deceiving.

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
af1733 said:
Huh? Computers don't lie, they can only give wrong data. They are incapable of intentionally misleading someone, unless a programmer tells them to do that.
No, they can lie -- lying doesn't necessarily mean "intent to lie." And if there is a bad sector on a disk, then the program won't run right, and the output will be misleading. Therefore, they CAN lie, although they won't know it being non-sentient.

af1733 said:
The photos? The photos don't lie. They show what was there when the image was taken. Now, if they are captioned incorrectly, or are cropped in such a way that the whole picture isn't in view, then that would be the photographer or the person working the photo that was doing the deceiving.

Uh, I hate to tell you this, but EVERY photo ever taken HAS been cropped -- cropping can (and does) include the photographer's decision of how to compose the image. It does NOT show what is outside the framing.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Captain Trips said:
No, they can lie -- lying doesn't necessarily mean "intent to lie." And if there is a bad sector on a disk, then the program won't run right, and the output will be misleading. Therefore, they CAN lie, although they won't know it being non-sentient.
Again, the computer can only process information that is given to it. Garbage in=Garbage out. Misleading information is only given if incorrect information in processed. I can get a computer to claim 1+1=3 if I fiddle with it.

Captain Trips said:
Uh, I hate to tell you this, but EVERY photo ever taken HAS been cropped -- cropping can (and does) include the photographer's decision of how to compose the image. It does NOT show what is outside the framing.
Exactly my point. The photo itself cannot lie. It is only an image of what the photographer chose to take a picture of. The picture itself is only a record of that piece of the events of that time.

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
af1733 said:
Captain Trips said:
Again, the computer can only process information that is given to it. Garbage in=Garbage out. Misleading information is only given if incorrect information in processed. I can get a computer to claim 1+1=3 if I fiddle with it.

Captain Trips said:
Exactly my point. The photo itself cannot lie. It is only an image of what the photographer chose to take a picture of. The picture itself is only a record of that piece of the events of that time.

Okay, so we're splitting hairs here. Okay, then, I revise my statement: "SPIRITS COMMINICATING THROUGH Ouija boards lie." Better?

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
this post cought my eye because i was so shocked by my incounter with the W board..and this is true as it happened to me....i was 17 yrs old my step mom and i was playing around with the W board..my Dad sitting across the room said "ask it something neather one of us knew the answer to,not even Dad..he said "ask it how many $1 bills i have in my billfold"..it answered 9....it was true and none of us knew how many Dad had.then he said ask it what his great Aunt's name was ...keep in mind my step mom nor i eather one knew...it spelled Alice ...again correct..then he said ok ask it how many $5 bills do i have in my billfold.the pointer thing went all over the board and then spelled phone...just then the phone rang!!!! needless to say that was the end of the WB in our house..Dad got up and took it outside and put it in the garbage can,and said "dont ever bring another one of those things in the house" i turned 59 today and i will never forget that night!

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
You do not need a Q.Board to look for treasure all you need is a piece of CLEAM FRESH THREAD AND A PIECE OF WHATEVER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.
If you are looking for GOLD than use a piece of gold.
Draw a map if you do not already have one of the area you want to search. Suspend the piece of gold from the string.
Now start over your map very very slowly. Stop when you feel the gold or see the gold piece slide away from an area. Then go back and do this over and over -you will see the gold start to go in a circle. Mark the center of this circle and check it out.
WARNING; DO NOT USE A QUIJA BOARD FOR ANYTHING. I DONOT ALLOW ONE ONE MY PROPERTY.
You know I had forgotten how to dowse it has been over 40 years but I will getting back into it tommorow.
Peg Leg

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Captain Trips said:
af1733 said:
Captain Trips said:

Captain Trips said:

Okay, so we're splitting hairs here. Okay, then, I revise my statement: "SPIRITS COMMINICATING THROUGH Ouija boards lie." Better?

LOL! Good deal!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread