Beach and Field...Success at Both (Rev. War Loyalist Button!!!) UPDATE

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on the road before sun up this morning and decided to try Cannonball Beach. I haven't been there is about a month so I figured I was past due. I got the usual musket balls and also a 30 lb chunk of mortar. I usually leave the mortar pieces on the beach but this one was found within 20 feet of the 28 lb piece I found last February so I thought there would be a good chance that they would mate up...and they did! Next time out I'm going to concentrate on that one area and see if I can find the rest...I'm a quarter of the way there.

On the way back to town I saw that one of my fields had just been harvested (beans) so I decided to give it a shot. This is the field that Patriot and I hunted this past spring. When we were there the field had just been plowed but the furrows were very high. With the beans just off it was flat ground. Finds started popping out right away. Several musket balls, a couple loom or net weights, some spoon frags, two coins (a worn French liard and what I think is a worn George II) and an as yet to be identified military button. Update:Identified as a King's American Dragoon bridle rosette or hat button! It was a good hunt!

Attachments

• DSCF0116.JPG
    DSCF0116.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 1,920
  • DSCF0108.JPG
    DSCF0108.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,917
  • DSCF0115.JPG
    DSCF0115.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,917
  • DSCF0113.JPG
    DSCF0113.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,943
  • DSCF0125.JPG
    DSCF0125.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,947
  • DSCF0110.JPG
    DSCF0110.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 1,269
Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hans R Dirty

Nov 25, 2009
Iron Patch said:
Hans R Dirty said:
Amazing find and research, you got my banner vote! 8)

Banner? It's only an extremely rare Rev War relic identified to the owner and would buy a new E-trac if sold. I guess what I'm trying to say is it's not pretty enough - as per the banner guidelines. But who really cares when you dig something that bad a$$.

Dang it, I forgot to read the rules :read2: Can we break them :icon_scratch:

U

umrgolf

Hans R Dirty said:
Iron Patch said:
Hans R Dirty said:

Banner? It's only an extremely rare Rev War relic identified to the owner and would buy a new E-trac if sold. I guess what I'm trying to say is it's not pretty enough - as per the banner guidelines. But who really cares when you dig something that bad a$$.

Dang it, I forgot to read the rules :read2: Can we break them :icon_scratch:

This one should if any

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Hans R Dirty said:

We'll get a "nice one" next weekend. Hey, I was doing a little more research and found that there were several KAR officers who settled in this area after the Rev. War...still tracking exactly where...heading to the county archive on Monday.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
Iron Patch said:
Hans R Dirty said:

We'll get a "nice one" next weekend. Hey, I was doing a little more research and found that there were several KAR officers who settled in this area after the Rev. War...still tracking exactly where...heading to the county archive on Monday.

The other boys that live where the other Dragoons I know of that was found popped 2 or 3 kars so it can happen. Heck, once you dig anything Loyalist I think that really opens the door to another Rev War find. I would say most of my sites that gave up a Rev War button had a 2nd, a 3rd, and in at least a couple of cases all the way to a 9th and a 10th.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why the hell didn't this make the finds banner?

It is insane not to have put this up top.

-Buck

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:

-Buck

Banner? Heck there's 2 more known. Not like it's an extremely rare Rev War relic. :-X Must be the lack of being pretty thing.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
BuckleBoy said:

-Buck

Banner? Heck there's 2 more known. Not like it's an extremely rare Rev War relic. :-X Must be the lack of being pretty thing.

:BangHead: I stopped trying to figure the banner thing out long time ago....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread