Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
damn kids should be better supervised by their parents !!!

chuck.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
damn kids should be better supervised by their parents !!!

chuck.
Agreed. Lots of people dig holes in the sand for lots of reasons. But the OP makes a valid point. Our hobby is being overrun with rookies who simply don't care. Walmart sells metal detectors and the manufacturers run ads on tv about how anyone can get rich. It's only going to get worse. It's like handing the keys to your car to a 10 year old...

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Why would they call the police for a broken leg?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Did she have sunglasses and headphones on too!
Jogging at night?
Fill your holes cause it will be only a matter of time before
those holes get blamed on the MD'rs.
Darn kids and their sand shovels and little plastic buckets!:laughing7:

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
FYI... It could have been a fisherman as well. They dig for bait ( sandcrabs and such). Do you find a bunch of sinkers at Redondo? MDers can't take all of the bad credit. I always make sure my holes are filled, especially in the wet sand here in socal. Most of the beaches are very flat and a lot of folks walk or jog the low tide wet sand.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably texting. :laughing7: But seriously, just another injury on the beach. That hole could have gotten there any number of ways. Probably best that we don't "assume" it was from an MDer and then proceed to market that unfounded notion on the internet. Sometimes silence is golden. :thumbsup:

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what was her point???? That's like whenever my husband and I go for a Harley ride, it hardly never fails that someone comes up to us and say's "Ya know I had a friend (cousin, brother, uncle etc.) that was either hurt or killed while riding on a bike!" I got so tired of hearing it that I started saying back sarcastically "Have you ever known anyone that was wrecked or was killed in a car accident?" And the look on their face......"Priceless".....and they shut up real fast.

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was she blonde? There are many blondes at the bottom of wells and open manholes.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was she blonde? There are many blondes at the bottom of wells and open manholes.

where are these wells and manholes, I like all kinds of treasure!!:headbang:

chuck.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably blonde, texting. I saw a hypodermic needle on the beach the other day, what if she would have run into it! Yowzers! I would have picked it up and discarded it in a plastic bottle but didn't have one.

TreasurDiggrNY

Dec 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably doesn't even have a sister but saw a potential hazard and put her nose where it didn't belong. Passive aggressive bs. Who calls the police for a medical issue?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Did she lose any jewelry in the incident or are bigger holes required?

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most likely she called 911 as it was an emergency and got the police dispatchers.
The responders who carried her off the beach should of been paramedics, not the police.

One would think, that if she saw holes all over the beach in the wet sand she would not be jogging there (sigh).
I sure would not be out on the beach at night by myself, and the only way that I would run on the beach at night
is to escape from a robber/disfunctional.

I have no objection to the police fining some one for leaving holes on the beach.
If that's what it takes to make for some one who doesn't care to fill in the holes they dug, that's what it takes.
I wouldn't blame it on the rookies, usually those that cause the most damage are not rookies but hard core competitors who only care about
them selves.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bless her heart. If it ain't those trouble making dirt fishers leaving holes on the beach, it's those folks making left turns in front of harley riders. When I made the remark at school that I had been accused of everything but shooting JFK, the principal wanted to know where I was in November 22 of 1963. Would you believe I was in 5th grade with all my class mates and the teacher, I asked him? No, I wouldn't, he replied, while holding the board of correction in his hand. Would you believe I was running at the beach, at dark and stepped in a hole some low down dirty dirt fisher left behind? Yes, I believe that. You may go....Lol...
P.S.: I lived about 200 miles from the beach, but if you tell people what they want to know, they are happy.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did they have to put her down? :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread