All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yoy forgot innocent citizens, including Patriots, when the government (Federal, State, Local) deprives them of their constitutions rights:
E.G. life, liberty, pursuit of happiness.
It's called survival, that is why I do not reveal my location, and why I will leave
as soon as I am able. Unlike Benedict Arnold, it is not I who betrayed my country, it is my country who betrayed me!

Criminals when theyre being chased by the cops:laughing7:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most likely she called 911 as it was an emergency and got the police dispatchers.
The responders who carried her off the beach should of been paramedics, not the police.

One would think, that if she saw holes all over the beach in the wet sand she would not be jogging there (sigh).
I sure would not be out on the beach at night by myself, and the only way that I would run on the beach at night
is to escape from a robber/disfunctional.

I have no objection to the police fining some one for leaving holes on the beach.
If that's what it takes to make for some one who doesn't care to fill in the holes they dug, that's what it takes.
I wouldn't blame it on the rookies, usually those that cause the most damage are not rookies but hard core competitors who only care about
them selves.
They wouldn't mind fining detectorist but then they would have to fine the kids and families that dig holes to build sand castles.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I was able to run. Does a slow shuffle count...

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Could have been the elusive and endangered 'Sandy Gopher Dog' known to inhabit that part of the world.

Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 12.09.44 PM.png

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They wouldn't mind fining detectorist but then they would have to fine the kids and families that dig holes to build sand castles.

I see nothing wrong with children building sand castles at the beach as it is all part of the fun.
However, I see nothing wrong with fining a family member/adult, who should be watching the children, for the those responsible for the children not filling in the holes dug before they leave.

Just as kids should have fun at the beach, adults should be responsible and leave the beach in the same condition or better when they leave: Holes filled in, and remove their trash. I go to the beach to detect and enjoy the great out doors not to clean up after those who are too frigging lazy to remove their own trash.
They not only leave the beach unsightly, they endanger wild life far more than their fellow man.

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see nothing wrong with children building sand castles at the beach as it is all part of the fun.
However, I see nothing wrong with fining a family member/adult, who should be watching the children, for the those responsible for the children not filling in the holes dug before they leave.

Just as kids should have fun at the beach, adults should be responsible and leave the beach in the same condition or better when they leave: Holes filled in, and remove their trash. I go to the beach to detect and enjoy the great out doors not to clean up after those who are too frigging lazy to remove their own trash.
They not only leave the beach unsightly, they endanger wild life far more than their fellow man.
I don't like new rules...especially since its been working fine without a "no holes rule" for the last 150 years.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
huh?

I don't like new rules...especially since its been working fine without a "no holes rule" for the last 150 years.

Hey lookindown, what makes you think there hasn't been a rule that forbids holes on the beach, for the last 150 yrs.? There most certainly is. It's going to be in minutia like "alterations", "defacement", "vandalism", etc... Even if not specifically saying the word "holes". And yes, any public beach WILL have verbage that disallows "destruction" and so forth.

If you don't believe this is a logical conclusion, then you apparently have not followed any of the threads when it comes to park turf, on this subject. Because I notice that people there, feel this type verbage does indeed forbid holes. And heck, even city persons who will gladly tell you that, when you go seeking permission to detect (morphing that to apply to your question).

Hence yes: I bet you could find a city or county or state person to tell you that holes (even those from little kids) have been illegal all along.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey lookindown, what makes you think there hasn't been a rule that forbids holes on the beach, for the last 150 yrs.? There most certainly is. It's going to be in minutia like "alterations", "defacement", "vandalism", etc... Even if not specifically saying the word "holes". And yes, any public beach WILL have verbage that disallows "destruction" and so forth.

If you don't believe this is a logical conclusion, then you apparently have not followed any of the threads when it comes to park turf, on this subject. Because I notice that people there, feel this type verbage does indeed forbid holes. And heck, even city persons who will gladly tell you that, when you go seeking permission to detect (morphing that to apply to your question).

Hence yes: I bet you could find a city or county or state person to tell you that holes (even those from little kids) have been illegal all along.
Shhhh...don't tell anyone or they will add "holes" to the verbage.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Shhhh...don't tell anyone or they will add "holes" to the verbage.

Yes, the only reason no one cares that md'rs & kids dig holes on the beach, is that no one's gone asking "can I?". Hence ...... MORAL OF THE STORY? :hello:

Same for the following: if your 10 yr. old daughter picks up a pretty sea-shell, to use in her grade-school art project, no one cares, right? No one would think your daughter couldn't do that. Or that it was illegal, right? But on the contrary: it's simply because you didn't ask enough of the right bureaucrats, with the right combination of terms/words. Because there is INDEED verbage that disallows "collecting", "harvesting", and so forth. So that no numbskull thinks he can back his truck up to the beach and start mining the sand for industrial sale, etc... But could such rules be deemed to apply to a single seashell? Sure! Technically there's nothing to stop if from applying. Afterall, what if EVERYONE took "just one pretty seashell"? The pretty soon, the beach would no longer be pretty, right?

So why then do we all think it's ok for our kids to pick seashells? Because no one has gone asking permission. Moral of the story ? Don't ask st*pid questions, eh?

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it was those awful sea turtles again.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If she wasn't watching where she was going then its a good thing she wasn't running in the street.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's not round is it considered a hole, does it then fall under the language regarding a ditch, or perhaps a trench, etc? And when, exactly, does it become a hole, say VS a scar or a blemish? One of these days we'll see a book on the store shelf titled, "Beach Hunter's Hole Bible." :laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holes? Have you seen the streets lately? I'd be safer driving on the beach! Maybe she should have been jogging on the street! Ticket her for distracted jogging!

tiderider

Oct 10, 2013
I would most defiantly sue the hole, clear and cut case of sand deprived voids !?! What ?

image-1710871862.jpg

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holey Cow! I just can't believe the hole thing! That's what I call, "A hole in one!" Seems the hole world is going crazy! But, I suppose some really dig it! Me, I'm just worn out on the hole issue. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread