Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I see here is a good old fashioned accident { does anyone remember accidents that were actually your own damn fault ?? }

Jogging on the beach in the dark = one with any common sense would say "hey, being I can't see a damn thing, maybe I should be aware of logs, debris, holes, or anything else I could potentially trip on"

But nooooo, somewhere along the lines common sense was eliminated from today's society. It's easier to blame someone else, especially when some low life scumsucking lawyer might just help you obtain a large cash award.

That said, let's play a game - Suppose you have just purchased a steaming cup of hot cider. You accidentally spill it in your lap. OUCH! Who do you sue ??

A} The roadside stand that sold it to you
B} The company that manufactured the cup { after all, there was no warning on the cup }
C} Don Knotts
D} You do nothing, realizing that you did after all, order hot cider and it was just an accident

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My great grandmother was from the hill country in Kentucky. On year when I was still young my family drove down there to see her. As soon as I walked in the door my great grandma, a big toothless woman, smiled at me as she said in that thick hill country accent, "Come here sonny, grandma wants to hole you real close." I can't tell you how badly I wanted to go home at that moment. :laughing7:

devilpookie

Jun 8, 2013
Ventura County, CA
Detector(s) used
A stick and chewing gum
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Obvious, the would be "C"
What I see here is a good old fashioned accident { does anyone remember accidents that were actually your own damn fault ?? }

Jogging on the beach in the dark = one with any common sense would say "hey, being I can't see a damn thing, maybe I should be aware of logs, debris, holes, or anything else I could potentially trip on"

But nooooo, somewhere along the lines common sense was eliminated from today's society. It's easier to blame someone else, especially when some low life scumsucking lawyer might just help you obtain a large cash award.

That said, let's play a game - Suppose you have just purchased a steaming cup of hot cider. You accidentally spill it in your lap. OUCH! Who do you sue ??

B} The company that manufactured the cup { after all, there was no warning on the cup }
C} Don Knotts
D} You do nothing, realizing that you did after all, order hot cider and it was just an accident

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Naw… you sue whomever has the deepest pockets.

Which, by the way, it may have been these guys...

Screen Shot 2013-12-11 at 4.48.40 PM.png

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only time I forgot to fill a hole, was when I found a whole unopened 6 pack of Bud Light Platinums. Not the type of Platinum I was looking for , but it was still good. :P

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sand fleas would eat those ninja's up at night on PCB, Fl. lol

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got yelled at by a groundskeeper because there were holes everywhere. I held my hand up and told him that Mr. Dasypodidae was responsible and it'd be best if he'd talk to him about the holes. He followed me where Mr. Dasypodidae was digging another hole and the groundskeeper mouth dropped open when he realized Mr. Dasypodidae was actually a Florida Armadillo. All the holes that were dug were uniform in size that no human would dig. I've pointed this out to many groundskeeper after that first run in.
Now you have to have a Park Permit to hunt in the Orlando, FL Parks and I wonder if Mr. Dasypodidae or Florida Armadillo was partly responsible for that ruling.
Aside from people digging holes on the beach, a strong tide can cut the beach and jogging at night without good light is stupid.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

C} Don Knotts
Obviously all of the above answers are wrong because you sue the trees the apples came from everyone knows that. LOL

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got yelled at by a groundskeeper because there were holes everywhere. I held my hand up and told him that Mr. Dasypodidae was responsible and it'd be best if he'd talk to him about the holes. He followed me where Mr. Dasypodidae was digging another hole and the groundskeeper mouth dropped open when he realized Mr. Dasypodidae was actually a Florida Armadillo. All the holes that were dug were uniform in size that no human would dig. I've pointed this out to many groundskeeper after that first run in.
Now you have to have a Park Permit to hunt in the Orlando, FL Parks and I wonder if Mr. Dasypodidae or Florida Armadillo was partly responsible for that ruling.
Aside from people digging holes on the beach, a strong tide can cut the beach and jogging at night without good light is stupid.
The permit rule is stupid...an armadillo doesn't have pockets to carry the permit.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The permit rule is stupid...an armadillo doesn't have pockets to carry the permit.

Once again I missed the obvious, this kind of knowledge is invaluable.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SSSS: Sadly Stupid is Stupid does (Sigh)!

Last edited:

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posted by Back of the boat :"Obviously all of the above answers are wrong because you sue the trees the apples came from everyone knows that. LOL"

Ha! Glad to see someone is thinking outside the box lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread