hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They did the re-nourishment here on St.Lucie's coast beginning of summer. Haven't heard about another round of it locally. Believe south of palm beach was getting ready to also do the renourishment, but I could be mistaken.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, the bright side is that over the next several months you will learn in spades what can slaw sounds like!

Agree, waste of money!

NCGREG

Oct 6, 2013
Coastal Plains
Detector(s) used
EXCAL II BHID DFX MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I heard that they were planning to do the whole East Coast this winter, in specific areas of course. From New England all the way down to you guys in Florida. I have called the town councils at the local beaches around here, and I have kinda gotten a good idea of the time frame when it's supposed to start up on the beaches around this territory.

Yeah it's a bummer for sure. Personally, I think it's a back scratching scheme between the Govt. and the coastal town municipalities for other future ventures like future exploratory fracking operations, and off shore drilling, just to name a few. These poor beach towns got to pay the free Govt. money back some how. (not that I agree with there hand outs at all though ..... nothin's free in the end.:BangHead:

Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They would never try to replenish beaches in the winter

NCGREG

Oct 6, 2013
Coastal Plains
Detector(s) used
EXCAL II BHID DFX MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They would never try to replenish beaches in the winter

Sorry, I should have clarified myself. The local councils that I talked to said that they were in the process of bidding with the dredge co's back a couple of weeks ago, and they were hoping that the dredge boys could start where they left off last year, on our beaches after the first of the year, March through May around here. Sorry I wasn't more specific, not sure about Ala. Fla. and such, although they did say that all of the East coast was in the bidding as well.......I can't wait,:BangHead:

Last edited:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they're doing it!!!!

BEACH PROGRAMS UPDATE

The estimated sand placement schedule and locations in the North and South Reaches of the Brevard County Shore Protection Project are as follows:
Northern North Reach - Cheri Down Park, Cape Canaveral to Surf Road, Cocoa Beach - December 25, 2013 through February 10, 2014.
Southern North Reach - 3rd Street North, Cocoa Beach to Patrick AFB -February 10, 2014 through March 25, 2014.
South Reach- Indialantic and Melbourne Beach - November 21, 2013 through December 25, 2013.

The Board of County Commissioners approved funding for a full scale dune restoration project in the Mid Reach. In the South Beaches, a reduced scale project will be built only in the most severely eroded areas. Work is expected to take place between December 1, 2013 and March 1, 2014.
Click here for additional details on each project.

rancherjl

Jan 22, 2013
Palm Bay, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i ---- Garrett Ace 350 -------
propointer---------
wireless headphones---
lische with T handle --- stealth & rtg scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the dredge is in place and engines running at Melbourne near New Haven---
I plan to start working Sebastian soon.
not good for drop items, but going for the silver.
rancherjl

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy... That's going to push a lot of new faces on to different areas...... Bah humbug!

NCGREG

Oct 6, 2013
Coastal Plains
Detector(s) used
EXCAL II BHID DFX MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the dredge is in place and engines running at Melbourne near New Haven---
I plan to start working Sebastian soon.
not good for drop items, but going for the silver.
rancherjl

I've seen them pumping dredge material back in the 90's on the surf in this state when it was so cold that I'd be walking around, dodging bulldozers and mud piles 6 to 8 feet high, and me bundled up like I was on an arctic expedition....and.....the wind would be blowin' a gale out of the NE as well ... Big money talks, dudes. They are gettin' ready for the big tourist season, that's why they do it in the winter months, as the wind and weather will allow. They like to have it all pumped up on the surf and leveled nice and pretty before the Easter holiday begins.....as per the N.C. Coastal Town Council Commitee's.:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tourist season is now down here.. Easter is the end of it

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the heck is this a computer virus hahaha.. Should put that on the beach that would keep the waves back for a while
A-way-to-spill
awaidespill

Last edited:

NCGREG

Oct 6, 2013
Coastal Plains
Detector(s) used
EXCAL II BHID DFX MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The tourist season is now down here.. Easter is the end of it

Oh yeah, you boys down there have many, many, beautiful places to hunt, and fish, and everything else. I did manage to make it back down there last Spring (May) for a few days. Unfortunately, I was tied down at Disney World .. "Home Of The $12.00 Hamburger" .. for the whole trip with my Wife's family, and about 20,000 screaming juvenile delinquents.

I wanted to go down into the Glades, and work my way into the Keys and back up the East Coast with my detector and a fishin' rod or two.... No such luck....Oh well...:dontknow: maybe one day I can go back down there for a nice vacation that will make sense to me.

I absolutely loathe the beach renourishment program. It's a waste of the tax payers hard earned money, and it's a proven fact that it doesn't do anything to "save" the coastline. We had Hazel, Fran, Bonnie, Hugo, Floyd, and the big Noreasters just to mention a few. Just like you guys with Andrew, and all of the other big storms that ya'll have had, and get. All of that dredged up stuff doesn't last but a year or two, if that long.. especially, if and when a big storm comes through.

The Lord has his own way of making the coast, and the environment do what it's intended to do, as long as "Man" will stay the heck out of it.

Have a blessed holiday season Gator.:thumbsup:

Greg in N.C.

OP
OP
tarpon192

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dredge vessal is just offshore working. Maybe 200 yards, or so. I think it was about 2 years ago when this was done before. If my memory is correct the sand was pumped in from offshore roughly 27 miles north of MB. Now they are right near the area being renourished.
Maybe they will pump sand on the treasure beaches from just offshore too. That would be great. Lots of escudos and cobs could be put right on the beach.
Oh - I forgot. Indian river county trucks their sand in.
I wounder why? LOL!
Indian river county is the most wealthy county in florida - they sure do like ugly sand trucked in from some pit out west.

OP
OP
tarpon192

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so true great way to look at the bright side
Hey gator, your more than welcome to head up and help pick up the trash. You need to give your honey hole a break anyway - LOL!

OP
OP
tarpon192

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is some pictures of a total waste of money.

ForumRunner_20131202_174953.png

ForumRunner_20131202_175008.png

ForumRunner_20131202_174953.png

ForumRunner_20131202_175054.png

ForumRunner_20131202_175054.png

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, you boys down there have many, many, beautiful places to hunt, and fish, and everything else. I did manage to make it back down there last Spring (May) for a few days. Unfortunately, I was tied down at Disney World .. "Home Of The $12.00 Hamburger" .. for the whole trip with my Wife's family, and about 20,000 screaming juvenile delinquents.

I wanted to go down into the Glades, and work my way into the Keys and back up the East Coast with my detector and a fishin' rod or two.... No such luck....Oh well...:dontknow: maybe one day I can go back down there for a nice vacation that will make sense to me.

I absolutely loathe the beach renourishment program. It's a waste of the tax payers hard earned money, and it's a proven fact that it doesn't do anything to "save" the coastline. We had Hazel, Fran, Bonnie, Hugo, Floyd, and the big Noreasters just to mention a few. Just like you guys with Andrew, and all of the other big storms that ya'll have had, and get. All of that dredged up stuff doesn't last but a year or two, if that long.. especially, if and when a big storm comes through.

The Lord has his own way of making the coast, and the environment do what it's intended to do, as long as "Man" will stay the heck out of it.

Have a blessed holiday season Gator.:thumbsup:

Greg in N.C.

Same to you.. thank you
<><

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey gator, your more than welcome to head up and help pick up the trash. You need to give your honey hole a break anyway - LOL!

Lol.. I'm getting very tired of trash picking I'm finally starting to see some of our normal sand peeking through once in awhile... Aahhrrr

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe it or not doing this yesterday made me happy.. I cherry picked the areas I wanted to cover it let me know that I was able to read the beach again like normal.. That replenishment sand acts nothing like our natural Beach

ForumRunner_20131202_201831.png

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread