Been using 4.0

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was beginning to get interested in the Deus 4.0

I know the Deus is a great machine, hunted along side of it with my CTX and he kicked my butt. But, I'm still learning the CTX, have never varied from the boot up screen in over 100 hours, I've always been a sound guy. Andy's Boot Camp on April 29 will change my way of swinging.

I only presume Deus will leap in and solve this. That's what GREAT companies do.

And, who knows for me down the road, after all, as I can remember, I've already owned 17 different machines.

Not sure XP is working on any fixes at the moment. The issues DT is reporting are not being widely reported on the final release as far as I can see. It is possible, like he said, that the problem could be that an earlier beta release version found its way on his machine since betas were accessible just prior to the final release and there was some configuration control issues on the final release (looks like some beta versions with bugs may have been inadvertently released as final versions). I think that's all straightened out now but who knows. I like version 4 and now its a practical necessity with the new pinpointer purchase. We'll see how it goes. But if there is no reason to upgrade, and it is causing issues, no need to press your luck.

If anyone is aware of confirmed 4.0 bugs that XP may or may not be working on, please post in this thread.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I'll be deleting all XP items off my hard drive (again) then giving V4.0 another go. I had good hunts with V4.0 the little I had used it. I kept wondering how the iron handling would compare to every railroad spike I dug today... all twentysomething of them.

Funny, but first target today was a 5 inch pully at 4 inches depth. When I kicked it out of the plug I said, "There's the old Deus again!" :)

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FWIW I had a battery issue with my 9" coil when I went out for a quick hunt to test the new pinpointer. Hopefully, it was just a normal depleted battery, but it surprised me a little. Will charge it tonight and see how it goes. Was not deterred as I used my 11' as a backup and got some run time with the new pinpointer. First impressions posted separately. Will keep y'all posted on the coil battery if it turns out to be something reportable.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last time I charged the Deus was over two weeks ago. I have done some short hunts since then. I went out today for 3 hrs with the 11" coil and MI-6... and I only lost 1 bar on the coil battery & headphone battery since last charge.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm having the same issue with the battery reading ,it shows full sometimes and half other times.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's interesting, I will need to keep an eye on mine. So far I have not had any unusual battery usage. It may be that I purposely did not use TX 3. I pretty much tweaked the pro programs to mirror some of the settings I ran before). I did play around with reactivity 2.5 and negative discrimination.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't noticed any excessive battery drain with 4.0 either. As I said earlier though, if you're using a program with TX 3, the manual tells you your battery drain will be greater. And my own intuition tells me that Fulltones (or any other mode that produces constant sounds) is probably going to work the remote and headphone batteries harder.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread