juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doesn't look like a buckle. Maybe a part of a lock or other mechanism.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
What does this area read?
Newt

Attachments

• DSCN0407.JPG
    DSCN0407.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 439

jrsherman

Oct 15, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Etrac
Looks like a frame piece to a clock. There were several styles in the 1800's that people find the frame to a lot, and I'm going to say that that is what yours is as well. They turn up in the oddest places, the one I found was in the middle of the woods, with nothing else around. . .Looks like you're on the right track, just keep looking!

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Buckle? Not even close to being one. I don't know what the piece is but look at the stamping on the right bottom of your bottom photo. If a site was colonial that only means there is a greater chance of finding anything from any period especially if the site was in constant use. This piece is too complicated to have been made in simpler times. But it might be marked "US" or is it "JS" well it's something like that. Go back and keep trying you'll find something worthwhile sooner or later. A good time is in the early morning when the ground is a slight covering of dew. For some reason I think the wet dew might help in conductivity of a signal. At least it works for me.

Post your unidentified items in the "What Is It" forum. Those folks are real helpful. If the marking is "JS" maybe it stands for junk steel? :laughing7:
JRich

Attachments

• DSCN0407.JPG
    DSCN0407.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 380

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kind of looks like it could of been a cover as if it had some kind of gasket between that and what it mounted to. Just my guess. Don't give up on that spot. HH Tex

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jrsherman said:
Looks like a frame piece to a clock. There were several styles in the 1800's that people find the frame to a lot, and I'm going to say that that is what yours is as well. They turn up in the oddest places, the one I found was in the middle of the woods, with nothing else around. . .Looks like you're on the right track, just keep looking!

agreed the inside of a clock

OP
OP
nick.foltz

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
Next time I will post there. I just found it today so I thought I would share. It hit as a ring coin signal so its probably brass. Thanks for the info.....you guys are the best!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread