Belt mountable control box

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Sov GT has a hipmount bag that you can carry from your neck or on a belt. Some of the Fisher's are belt mountable or your able to carry them in a bag from your neck. Example is the older 1235 and 1236 X2. Most of the water detectors are available for hip mounting too. All the ones that are hip mountable have the longer coil cable that allows this and years ago many of us would wade with our land detectors or float them on a small raft. Now days if I can't hip mount it, it stays at the dealers. :coffee2:

DirtyDon

May 5, 2005
rome.NY
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher 1280x is a water/land detector that has a belt attachment for the control head. I recently purchased mine and very pleased with it and it's hard to please a 76 year old bull headed German...

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's offer a few that you can hip or chest mount,I would check with them before I make any dission's...A lot of time's ,hip mounted types don't have screens on them. :thumbsup:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The old White's 6000 series had hip mounts with the analog meter. Sure took a lot of weight off the coil.
A lot of the newer detectors are much lighter, you may look into the various weights if your worried about tiring. That's why I went with the Vision. Pretty darn light. Still have the 6000Di pro but like you mentioned, I get tired quicker swinging it.

Al

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
There's a dealer in Apache Junction, AZ that had a bunch of FACTORY hip/chest mount MXTs. You might try him. We bought one from him a coupla years ago for the wife.

If you don't find something to suit you, give me a shout...Hers may be for sale...Her back/leg situation is not improving too well & she hasn't used it but 15-20 hours total.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread