Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thursday, Terri and I went creek huntin'. I love hearing the sound of the water flowing. It's so relaxing. I made a short clip for ya, since I now know how do the youtube thing. ;D

[youtube=425,350]mHIyuU86OAI[/youtube]

We found the usual fossils, quartz, old glass and pottery. But I found three rocks that looked quite unusual. They're blue. :icon_scratch: Anyone know what they may be?

100_2254.jpg

Friday, Terri, Lisa and I went to a site that I'm rather fond of. It's a bit of a drive but usually worth it. Looked up and saw the biggest ole moon shining...thought it was neat to have a full moon and the sun going at the same time.

100_2235.jpg

One of my first keeper finds was an old marble! I think Duffy says they're Benny's...from the 1800's?

100_2250.jpg

Got three wheats, an alum religious medallion that didn't quite make it, a partial miners tag, change, lead seal, and a really neat Roy Rogers good luck token.

100_2249.jpg

100_2246.jpg

100_2248.jpg

My favorite find of the day has to be this miners tag. I'm usually thrilled when I find 'em and they have the name of the mine listed on it, but this one not only has the name of the mine, but the name of the miner as well! :icon_sunny:

100_2241.jpg

IMG_8114.jpg

Lisa's the genealogy whiz around here, so I've got her busy trying to get a bit of info on him. Thanks, Leese!!! :-*

Have a great weekend!!

Nana :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey!! Hope everyone's having a great day! :wink:

Thanks CJ, Cyber, Dman, Nicky (where you been by the way?), RPG (Another Bama hunter! Welcome to Tnet!).

Thank you Shermie! :-*

What!! VOL! You've never seen one? :icon_scratch: Hmm...lots of 'em around here. But then again, there were lots of coal mines around different towns here.

SWR..Yes, it is. I think its part of an old glass insulator. On the other side I can see threads. It must have been in the water for quite a while thou. :)

WAKE UP, MM!!! Geeze...I'll give you fair warning next time I post a water video! :D Thanks!!

Thanks, Joe!! :)

Thanks Tom!! :)

Thanks WSD! :-* I'm lovin' that new coil! Wish I had gotten it long before now! You're too kind!!

OK Dayton...a fair warning on the next water video for you too! :D Thanks for the link on the token!!

Thanks Burdie!! Ya want me to send 'em to ya? Oh, wait. If I see you in Florida, I'll just bring 'em. :wink:

Thank you T4M and Dan!! :)

I'm thinkin' late 1800's or early 1900's, Seger. Thanks! :)

Thanks RR! WHAT? You need another bayou? :D Thanks!!

Thanks TC and WC! :)

:D I think that's a whole nother ballgame, Evy! But thanks for that confidence! ;D :wink:

Thank you Ray!!

Pip..They're solid..and a deeper blue when they're wet.

Thanks TD!

I don't think so, Daddy, but thanks for the links!! :)

AWW! Thanks, GNugget!! :)

Carl! :D Thanks!

Kent! No. No lack of rain this year. :-X :D Thanks!

Thanks you Mac!

DD! I think you've got it! Chalcedony! I spent a little time looking that long word up and it seems like that's what it is! :thumbsup: Thank you!!! See ya in a couple a weeks!!! You bringing Izzy?

DaytonD!!! :o You have what!!! 8) Oh my gosh! <---- (I typed that real slow) ;D I'd just do the biggest happy dance if I were to find that!! How in the heck did you end up with it!? That would be awesome!

And a bullet, Monty. Of course posted just for you! ;D

Sorry you're frozen in Mike. :-\ It won't last long! :wink: Thanks for the help on the ID of the tag!!

PBK & GYPSY!! What some wonderful research by you two!! Thanks so much! I really enjoyed reading all about him. And no wonder we couldn't find him.... the 'CIN'T'...well...we were reading it as 'GIN'T' which was leading us to believe it was for 'Gintown'. Gintown is now known as Graysville and it's close enough to this area that it seemed plausible. Thanks again!!!!

Thank you 1/2, Silver and OD!

Yes, it is, KD! ;D Thanks!! :D

Allen...it's gotta be up there in the top three for sure. :wink:

Mike... :D And to think..... :D

Thanks again, ya'll for the great help and responses!!!

Nana :wink:

unearthed

Nov 29, 2008
Yellow Tavern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Wilson R&C III, Minelab Safari, X-Terra 70, Xp Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on the "miners brass", the number will identify the individual. We still use these currently on large jobsites...........in the event of oops. Are those bluish pieces glass or natural occuring mineral?

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
I really like the Roy Rogers token! Roy was a collector of coffee cups and lighters. I was fortunate enough to obtain a few of his favorites from his estate auction years ago. He bought this one as a souvenir from the Ponderosa many years ago and took it on all of his camping trips.

Happy Trails! :coffee2:

Attachments

• johnsnew 022.jpg
    johnsnew 022.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 528
  • johnsnew 023.jpg
    johnsnew 023.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 558
  • johnsnew 024.jpg
    johnsnew 024.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 559
OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Silver & AA! :)

Nicky? ??? :o :-X :D

UE...be careful out there. Don't want no 'OOPSes' happening! :wink: The blue in the middle are rocks and the blue on the right is glass. Thanks! :)

Thanks TD! :)

REALLY great collection, 56! 8) Thanks for posting those!

Thank ya Rick! :wink:

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, You just found my favorite cowboy. HH

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
Gosh Nana I thought at least we'd see you floating down that river on an inner tube. :thumbsup:

Luv your threads!

Badger

Dat water's COLD, Badger!! :-X :D Thank you!!! :-*

rtde3 said:
Nice token & tag Nana!
Is that the same creek as in your other video that was so flooded? Sure did go down if it is! :o
Hey are you guys coming to the hunt & show in Myrtle Beach on April 4th & 5th? Heck it's not that far from you! :wink:

No. That's a different one, but the other one is back to normal now. :thumbsup:
And a Myrtle Beach trip!!! :o I dunno! :D I'm gonna have to have make a lot of promises to Charlie to convince him that I need to go to Myrtle Beach! :D That's a great idea, inviting you to share your treasures tho!! :thumbsup: I know everyone will LOVE seeing them!!

Thank you River! :)

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Nana ,I really liked the miners tag and the roy token pretty cool finds ! And the blue stone not sure about that I have a few peices simular but mine are made of quartz .

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow great finds Nana, also love the roy rodgers token.... used to watch him on tv as a child,,,,, that was one heck of a long time ago hahahahaha so it must be pretty old.

How do you put movies onto "YouTube" anyway? would like to learn....

God bless
Peter

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rtde3 said:
Nana40 said:
And a Myrtle Beach trip!!! :o I dunno! :D I'm gonna have to have make a lot of promises to Charlie to convince him that I need to go to Myrtle Beach! :D

Well, get to making those promises girl! ;D

Here let me help you,
Yes honey I promise if we go to Myrtle Beach
I will drive all the way there while you take a nap! :sleepy2:
Yes you can go fishing there! :hello2:
Yes we can go to the Hard Rock Cafe's new amusement park! :headbang:
Yes you can play golf! 8)
Yes we can go to the Treasure expo & meet Rob & his wife! :thumbsup:
Yes we can get you one of his Booty Hunter T-shirts! :icon_pirat:
Yes I will enter both seeded hunts & win US lots of money & prizes! (this one is really for you but he will like the sound of "lots of money" ) :wink:
Yes you can go to Hooters with Rob for the Hot W.. um.. Hot Wings & Beer! ::) :o :occasion14:
Yes we can go to the movies to see the new Clint Eastwood film Grand Torino! :happy1:
Yes I will make sure the hotel room has a hot tub & we can... :love3:
Yes I will drive all the way home while you take a nap! :sleepy2:

Now how can the man say no after all that?! So I guess we will see you there! ;D

OH, ROB! 8) :icon_king: Wow! Now how could he refuse all that! :o I'll start with 1-5 tonight! :thumbsup:

..............now I know who to ask when I need some extra ideas! :D

Thank you, Foundit! :)

Peter..Thanks! And as for the youtube videos, the easiest way I know of is to have Picasa 3 and download from my camera and to youtube. If you go to youtube, they have a help resources page you can read. :)

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Nana,
Great to hear from you again, I will give your suggestions a try ;D

God bless