Bering Sea Gold Under the Ice S3 starts 8/24

AK_Au_Diver

Nov 21, 2013
Nome, AK
Detector(s) used
My Eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
don't they have earthquakes and tsumani's in Alaska?

Earthquake risk is very low around Nome. Tsunami risk is almost non-existent. The hydrography of Norton Sound, and the upper Bering Sea in general, does not easily allow for the creation nor propagation of tsunami. A bigger risk is unexpectedly low tides or ice sheet calving, these are often caused by strong north winds.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never thought I'd see someone more despicable than Scott Meisterheim, but the Kelly parent (I refuse to call him a father) has succeeded. What a loathesome prick.

And holy crap, that was reckless bordering on criminal to send that woman down there.

I agree. Only thing I can figure on that clan, is Pure Fiction.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem is she's au naturale there. She cleans up nicely.

View attachment 1052325

Definitely would bang. Then would run. She's as nutty as her father.

Mostly I feel like she is pissing away her opera career. They aren't going to take kindly to her doing this show, and wrecking her throat in that nasty climate.

I don't know, maybe it's the fact I despise opera .
But that's the one thing about her I wouldn't be able to Tolerate coming from her.
yes That is the reason I wouldn't care to know her personally.

MinerFortyNiner1952

Nov 18, 2013
San Jose, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Noticed on the latest episode at the 4 minute mark a sign placed on the inside of the communication device
that Zeke and his partner use that spells their mining name out as "Miss Gnomer." Wonder why the producers
chose to call them Miss Nomer? Was it an oversight? Or did they think we couldn't figure it out?

Goldkid55

Sep 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets all rember execpt for us all people care about on that show and why ppl watch it is for the charecters lol

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
it appears to me that everyone is takeing their turn being a A.H. on this show! that diver that said he couldn't get any air was exiting bubbles from his mask as he assended to the surface. and how does a person be able to keep talking if he didn't have any air to breath?? neat trick that id like to learn! my wife got up and left the room saying she coudnt talk all the BS that was on these kinds of shows!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Noticed on the latest episode at the 4 minute mark a sign placed on the inside of the communication device that Zeke and his partner use that spells their mining name out as "Miss Gnomer." Wonder why the producers chose to call them Miss Nomer? Was it an oversight? Or did they think we couldn't figure it out?
At another point in the show, that sign in the lid of the radio says Miss Snowmer...I think it must be an inside joke or something 😀

RANGER31

Mar 3, 2011
lousisiana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ME personally i like the girl she dosent mind spending money on good Equipment and doing things right buy the ones that work for her. she also isn't bad on the eyes and anytime u can find a woman that likes the outdoors and likes to goldmine it ant all bad. as far as her dad goes he is a freaking idiot he has no smarts at all. at least she does has some since and smarts and what she did get had to be from her mom as her dad has none.

Know on Zeke and the so called best dredger in Nome im sorry but if i was Zeke i would of moped up the dam bearing sea with him he is a popus ass and A one Ass Hole. and with that said i like Zeke he is a good dredger and he will make it just fine i believe.

Any ways that's my Take
RANGER

OP
OP
O

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For people up there, why is there only a 1 month window to ice dive? Someone said it was March when they started. Why not start in January?

And for once, I am with Zeke. He suspects a legitimate medical problem and has a right to be concerned. His partner was acting irrationally. Or just doing some bad acting. Now where does he go? Back with Emily would be amusing.

Last edited by a moderator:

AK_Au_Diver

Nov 21, 2013
Nome, AK
Detector(s) used
My Eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
why is there only a 1 month window to ice dive? Someone said it was March when they started. Why not start in January?

Some can start in late January, it depends on the year and the ice conditions, the ice must be solid enough, thick enough, and shorefast enough to be safe.

February, March, and April are pretty safe, until late April, depending on the year. March is the best month, the sun is out 12 hours a day, the weather is mostly calm, the ice is normally good.

No one on the show wants to do ice dredging, it's a waste of their time, but it's in their contracts. Discovery even tried to get the ice show cancelled by not advertizing it at all, but the ratings were still too high. I don't get it. OK, I get it a little. Ice mining under the frozen Bering Sea was pretty cool, but I have no desire to ever do it again. Ok, Ok, I miss it a little bit.

OP
OP
O

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one on the show wants to do ice dredging, it's a waste of their time, but it's in their contracts. Discovery even tried to get the ice show cancelled by not advertizing it at all, but the ratings were still too high. I don't get it. OK, I get it a little. Ice mining under the frozen Bering Sea was pretty cool, but I have no desire to ever do it again. Ok, Ok, I miss it a little bit.

Meanwhile, "Longmire" is cancelled.

I hate this world some times.

BubbleGum

Sep 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And for once, I am with Zeke. He suspects a legitimate medical problem and has a right to be concerned. His partner was acting irrationally. Or just doing some bad acting. Now where does he go? Back with Emily would be amusing.

As mentioned up-thread, at the depths they are at nitrogen poisoning isn't a concern. And if he really was concerned he was poisoned, he could have gone to the local hospital and had his blood drawn for analysis.

Like much of the drama on the show, it was staged for the cameras.

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I always dvr the episodes and watch them later. Just finished this weeks.
Gotta say plugging someone's nozzle right in front of them...hilarious- that is funny high jinks
Dredging their hole out when they leave to unplug the jam you caused is sickening.
I really hope the show is staged now as I would strip shawns regulator off and drown his ass in his new grave he helped dig.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always dvr the episodes and watch them later. Just finished this weeks.
Gotta say plugging someone's nozzle right in front of them...hilarious- that is funny high jinks
Dredging their hole out when they leave to unplug the jam you caused is sickening.
I really hope the show is staged now as I would strip shawns regulator off and drown his ass in his new grave he helped dig.

That whole thing had to be the Producers Idea :unhappysmiley:

I think there would have been Major Fighting if not.
There were too many tongue in Cheek Comments from Both sides to be real

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess the hose was never blocked either.

and if it was, it was their own mistake, & since Shawn was nearby he come over to help
unblock it, & the producers decided there needed to be drama.

I still like the show, But only believe the Totals at the end of each show.
and even those could be partial totals till the end, so there can be a surprise upset.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I thought the dredgers were required to be so far apart? that area they were working must have been a unclaimed/public area. I never did like the situation when someone barges in on the area your working!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread