Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Best live concert you've ever been to

Deep Purple, in Denver,,, They played most of the songs from the alblm, Made in Japan,
the first time I heard Hiway Starr and Lazy ! ! Hey i think i still have that cassett.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Arid-Zone-A-seeker said:
Deep Purple, in Denver,,, They played most of the songs from the alblm, Made in Japan,
the first time I heard Hiway Starr and Lazy ! ! Hey i think i still have that cassett.

"Made in Japan" Was my Favorite

wore out 2 - 8 Tracks :D

Good Cruzing Album

Of course the only song I Can't Stand
by Deep Purple is smoke on the Water

bradsguns

Jul 5, 2007
Shell Knob, MO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon & Vaquero

Ive been to over a hundred shows...heres what sticks with me...

Ted Nugent (7x) - Several times - the best knock you on your A** concert in history.
Jewel (4x) - Pieces of you tour - nothing like you see on TV or videos...a ROCK concert !!
Rush - Awesome show technically
Miranda Lambert (2x) - Cant go wrong with a rockin country girl.
Sammy Hagar (2x)- Post VH days - did a 3 hour+ solo show when I saw him last

Brad

veronasteve

Mar 22, 2008

david bowie is magic to see live,in the big arena and a small venue..i saw him in both....
saw ozzy with randy rhoades on guitar in a theatre in oxford(uk) ....
clapton,mark knoppler(spelt wrong i think?) and phil collins at the albert hall..london..
and another was nelson mandela day at wembly stadium.peter gabriel.tracy chapman.sting and bruce springsteen. :thumbsup:

seen lots more but theres a few.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

When the Eagles 1st reunited, the "Hell Freezes Over" tour I paid over $500 for two tix at Irvine Meadows, center stage bout 15 rows back. My girlfriend was so excited, so was I. The night of the show I got real sick, kept sayin' "Im goin come hell or highwater!" About 30 mins before we were gonna leave I started pukin hard........real hard. Decided I wasnt gonna make it after all, Dee called a friend who was ready to go in minutes, They went while I was sick as a dog in bed. Dee came home very late, said it was so amazing, Joe Walsh showed, they played for over 3 hours, acoustic set lasted an hour & a half. Her friend was so thankful that I got sick & gave her my ticket she bought me a cool tour shirt. Still have it somewhere. The one show I paid for but didnt get to go to. :(

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL

I've seen a lot of those already mentioned (especially by Jeff), but the one that sticks with me the most is Jimmi Hendrix. Saw him in a small stage venue in a hotel in Washington, DC. Totally awesome! I also saw the Beatles in DC. When Paul played "Yesterday" you could have heard a pin drop in the whole stadium. Beautiful....<<sigh>>

vicki

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Too many to mention. Always front and center though. Let's see, Black Oak Arkansas, Three Dog Night, Blue Oyster Cult, Mark Farner, Marshall Tucker Band, Steppenwolf, Roger McGuinn, Leon Russell, Edgar Winter, Fabulous T-Birds, Dickey Betts, Billy Idol, The Cult, The Kendalls, Moe Bandy, Joe Stampley, Ernest Tubb, Reba McIntire, it goes on. Most when they were big in their day.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Without doubt Jimi Hendrix Band of Gypsies Filmore East 1969- Machine Gun that man could make those strings talk :headbang:

Second best concert Pink Floyde Isle of Wright 1973 :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Last but the best Rolling Stones Hells Angles concert Cali. ROCK ON :hello2: :headbang: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :thumbsup:

I missed Woodstock i was in my own mud pit Vietnam >:(
Sex Drugs and Rocknroll those were the days :walk:
Dd60

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And I would like to add, support live music. Music live and in person is way more better than recorded, so get out and support your local performing artists.

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just went to see Merle Haggard recently. The man is a unbelievable. Not too long ago he had surgery for lung cancer and he is already back out touring. If any of you are Merle fans and you have not checked out his new album yet, do yourself a favor and get a copy. He is still writing just great songs. When Merle said thank you and was walking off he was really breathing heavy, he left it all on the stage. I saw him in a small venue and was only about 20 feet from the stage. I ran into his fiddle player after the show ( Scott Joss) and had a nice talk with him,very nice fellow. I asked him how Merle at his age can continue to write songs that have substance and are catchy and he said because that's all he does.

Billco

Oct 8, 2007
Alabama

I've seen a lot of good ones, but three that stand out are ...

Bob Dylan at the Alabama Theater, capacity about 2500.

Bruce Springsteen in 1978.

Rolling Stones Steel Wheels Tour.

BloodyBelle

Aug 22, 2010

Pink Floyd's last concert of The Last Concert Tour.

Bruce Springsteen at the Meadowlands 80's? Broke in a White Light White Heat psychedelia jam I'd love to get a recording of. Very hot concert and I'm not a "fan."

Roxy Music reunion.

Leonard Cohen @ Beacon theater last year. He's a guy whose feet I would happily wash and The Kid and I were comped!

I have a little trouble remembering the ones at the Fillmore East and other venues of the era.

Northland Hunter

Oct 24, 2010
Värmland
Detector(s) used
XP Adventis II, Garrett Pro Pointer

Rammstein in Gothenburg (Metaltown) june -10!!! Awesome live show! :notworthy:

Other great bands i´ve seen live:
Amon Amarth
Dimmu Borgir
Enslaved
Finntroll
Sabaton
Dark Tranquillity
Raubtier

// Erik \../

Joe Hoo?

Feb 13, 2009
Southern and Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo St, Compadre

THIS IS A EASY ONE FOR ME LOL i have to say looks like me and jeff of pa have alot in common, I grew up in chicago across the street from the International Amphitheatre just about anybody who came there in the 70'S and 80's i was in like flint.... i love live concerts, but there will be one that will always be a memory and that is Queen.... it is a toss up between QUEEN at the Chicago Stadium in 1979 and Pink Floyd at Soldiers Field... I am considering more than there music in this equation, and we all know there music is unrivaled, has there been a group like Pink Floyd or Queen since there departure from the music world? Not even remotely close!! They have never been imitated let alone duplicated...the stage show these 2 groups had was just the best i have ever seen, we are talkin semi"s after semi"s of equipment and all the props... would not be surprised if i did the math i probably have seen over 2000 concerts in my lifetime.. I have to give these 2 groups credit when credit is due.. if you never seen either you missed a real treat... HH and Happy New Years to all.. Keep rockin!!!!!!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Joe Hoo said:
who came there in the 70'S and 80's

I am considering more than there music in this equation, and we all know there music is unrivaled, has there been a group like Pink Floyd or Queen since there departure from the music world? Not even remotely close!! They have never been imitated let alone duplicated...the stage show these 2 groups had was just the best i have ever seen, we are talkin semi"s after semi"s of equipment and all the props...

IMPO, there really hasn't been any new super groups since the 80's, some super groups started prior to the 90's are or were still recording, but no new super groups. Most of what is out now is either fluff or trash..........Daultry is the only new rock group in 2000-2010 I personally would even buy.....Worst thing to come out since the 80's Rap and it is spelled with a Capitol "C"......... ;D

Joe Hoo?

Feb 13, 2009
Southern and Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo St, Compadre

Treasure_Hunter said:
Joe Hoo said:
who came there in the 70'S and 80's

I am considering more than there music in this equation, and we all know there music is unrivaled, has there been a group like Pink Floyd or Queen since there departure from the music world? Not even remotely close!! They have never been imitated let alone duplicated...the stage show these 2 groups had was just the best i have ever seen, we are talkin semi"s after semi"s of equipment and all the props...

IMPO, there really hasn't been any new super groups since the 80's, some super groups started prior to the 90's are or were still recording, but no new super groups. Most of what is out now is either fluff or trash..........Daultry is the only new rock group in 2000-2010 I personally would even buy.....Worst thing to come out since the 80's Rap and it is spelled with a Capitol "C"......... ;D

I would never differ with you on that treasure hunter.... seems like what the kids are listening to now does nothing but breed hate and ignorance... then some wonder why kids have become so rebellious and defiant... Happy new years..... :headbang:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm not gonna get into all the concerts i've been to because there are way too many but a few of the best ones were also the earliest ones when I was still a kid. The 1st one I ever went to was Led Zeppelin in 1977 and the 2nd was Kiss later that year. Both were at the Capital Center in Landover, Md.. Another one that stands out was the AC/DC Back In Black show (same venue), even though I was/am a huge Bon Scott fan, Brain Johnson rocked the house.

Good thread! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions