Best marble find! This is no joke

Z

ZumbroKid

I sent the photo of this to Jeff this summer. I've decided to post it here and not in the marble section. Reason for this is the value of this in an undamaged condition. I still believe it has value to a collector. This is a old vintage Lutz hand made marble. It should date back to the 1800's. Size is almost 1 1/2 inches across! I do not see many for sale at that size. Found at old site, next door to the gold coin i found. Oldest coins in this yard were an 1865 nickle 3 cent piece and an 1867 Indian Head cent. In the photos is an Indian Head cent for size comparision. This was a surface eye ball find, after a rain the night before.

Attachments

• lutz e.jpg
    lutz e.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,656
  • lutz d.jpg
    lutz d.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,662
  • lutz c.jpg
    lutz c.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,676
  • Lutz a.jpg
    Lutz a.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,619
Upvote 0

StickShift

Dec 1, 2005
USA
Nice find Free
we use to call those big'uns, Log Carts when I was in school, they were our
favorite games at recess, they were our prize posessions, and many a fight was invoked over marbles in those times. Those were the good ole days when a ring full of marbles were more important
to young boys than the girls. In those days you might be able to get away with calling one
dirty names, or most anything else, but never cheating or stealing one's marbles. Hehe ;D
HH
SS

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I tumbler would rune it .. Try it with a cateye and see.. I have one of these that I have found but it's the smaller version.. And a indian swirl. which I really like... That biggin is a great find..But like coins condition is everything.

Attachments

• indianswerl.jpg
    indianswerl.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 997
  • indianswerl.jpg
    indianswerl.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,001
  • marble1a.jpg
    marble1a.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 989
OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

I noticed yours the other day, Mine sold on ebay still in the condition it was in. They were happy to get it at the price it went for. These detecting eye ball finds are like finding money laying on the ground. ;) Yours has value too as you probably already know.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice Free, WTG!!!
I like finding marbles almost as much as finding silver...
Good luck, & happy hunting~

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
DigginItUp said:
Wow!? Guess I'd better hang on to those that I find. Found a few here and there while detecting, not that large though. Now, I wonder what I did with them? I'm with the rest of you and losing my marbels too!? :P
i md old houses that have been tore down and find marbles and i go back after a rain and find more. i traded some off at a flea market and i have a lot more. some of them are worth afew bucks and some even more

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Hey Stoney, I got one of those sulfides! A big one, about 1 3/4". I found it at an antique store. The owner didn't know what it was, thought it was a paperweight (who ever heard of a round paperweight?). I got it for $2.00!!!!! It has a frog inside.

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

You should go back and let the antique dealer know about it. LOL

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a similar & slightly better shape one with thinner ribbons inside.? Treaded it for a 1917 Type I Standing Liberty quarter in EF grade.

So yours may be worth 20? in that shape.? ?:D

My one "cache" find was a Mason jar half full of slates in a house foundation being cleared for a new school. Still have it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread