Best place to move for gold abundance?

Barry-Goodknight

Sep 4, 2012
Black Hawk
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I just talked my girlfriend into moving anywhere out west that I want soon as our lease is up.

I want to choose the best state/county that I can for gold abundance.

Anyone know of some really good areas?

I was thinking of Arizona because the cost of living seems to be really low. I sort of want to stay away from Cali because of their stupid taxes and ridiculous housing costs.

Alaska would also be great, but that's a long way away. I haven't checked cost of living but I feel like Alaska would probably be very expensive too.

Upvote 0

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yea, well Valley Fever has a lot of complications for people who are not from there or used to it like you are. Great pictures... A little out of focus though being that I don't see any place in them where I might find natural gold :) Maybe a wedding ring, but jumping in the lake with the dredge is like the pictures. Living on Fantasy Island, still no gold. I have found plenty of gold in the Rich Hill area, more gold than water... lol

Did you mis that he also has a girlfriend and she is part of the move. A happy girlfriend makes a happy prospecter...

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I saw that. I've never lived where there's no gold, my mind would go crazy with out it :) Or am I there already? Anyway, there are lots of great places to live with good gold right there but here for the most part, the gold bearing areas have jobs that pay lower than average & would make it difficult to start a family. But you need to be business oriented in life anyway.
Not being from there, my mom came to Arizona & stayed for a few months on vacation. She ended up with Valley Fever, which nobody here had seen before... So it went miss diagnosed for a couple of years until she went to a new doctor who was familiar with it here in Grass Valley California. But as for many people, by the time they figured out what it truly was, it was too late. Her lungs had been destroyed by the virus & she eventually suffocated to death here a few years ago after battling it for 10 years. Unfortunately people need to really watch where it is that they are moving to & become familiar with everything about the area before they move there. She was the first person to die in our family in her 60's & it wasn't from truly natural causes.

Ace2010

Sep 22, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where would be a good place to move for a fellow with a dredge that is retired and just wanting to play in the river or creek 7 days a week?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Colorado is an option...

Mine it and recycle it!

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BS to the Valley Fever or all these so called viruses. I have lived in Tucson, Az. for 55 years. Sure it gets hot so what it’s a dry heat not like back in the mid-west where it’s in the 90’s with 100 percent humidity. When others are dealing with tornados, hurricanes, sub-zero temps, etc. we just smile and have the last laugh. Bisbee is just a stone throw from Tucson. The average temperature last year was like 73.4 degrees. Personally I can’t stand going into the Phoenix area. It’s like LA was 20 years ago. Just to make a local call is long distance in Phoenix, but I drove there 3 days a week to take my boys BMX racing.

Yea you would not like Tucson, Az. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

View attachment 720795

View attachment 720796

View attachment 720797

Party Cove, Lake Havasu... But Arizona does not have water. Where do you think most of Cali come to party on the water?

View attachment 720798

Like them pics . :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread