Best Texas Finds

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
hard to out do those texas buttons heres my best find this year 13.4 grams of 14K gold dates back to the early 1900's
back
armour back 001.jpg
front
armour front 001.jpg

Attachments

• armour back 001.jpg
    armour back 001.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,617
  • armour front 001.jpg
    armour front 001.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,648

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
No one will ever beat that Old river, Unless I find a pre anexation Ranger badge

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
I dont post much in the Texas forum even though I live here. I work and spend most of my time working in Indiana and hunting around the Chicago area. I dont get to hunt much in deeeeeeep east Texas but my beautiful bride found an old park in one of the towns and the last time I came home I hunted it for about 2 hours. I ended up finding my first merc in Texas. I was as happy about that as I was finding my first large cent in Chicago last month. If things change I may end up getting back home soon and cant wait to hit the logging trails looking for old sites to check out.

Tico14

Jun 16, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7, 1266X, Troy Shadow X-3, Tesoro Deleon, Silver Umax, Whites IDX-Pro (Mr. Bill's Mods), Silver Eagle, Modded Classic 1,
I think I might have found it today Sept. 18th 2009 , a Confederate Snake Buckle, I think it's missing a piece but I will be back excavating that area. Other than that my best coin is an 1876 Seated Half found at Danville, Tx. Ghost town old school site. Also found an 1833 Seated dime there also.

snakebuckle2.jpg

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1,223

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 2o years ago I found my wife,and the rest is history. :headbang: :hello2: :thumbsup:

TXDIRTFISHER

Dec 11, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
F75LTD / Tejon
My oldest TX find was an 185? seated dime with Txn Connection. Favorite TX find was WWII 4th Cav collar disc in mint condition.

Hopefully the fall is going to be good to me. Working on some new spots :hello2:

Sonnydigs

Jan 5, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Joe(TX) said:
.................Yes, I would like to be a part of an Archeological Dig too!! You threw me when you said that the owner of the ranch kept the find! Usually all of the finds in an Archeological Dig goes to either the State or the Federal Government!!............I could relate............my Dad years ago told a homeowner that he wanted to hunt their homesite and we would give them everything that we found!! It was one of the hardest experiences that I have ever done in TH'ing!!............NEVER AGAIN...............except maybe for a State Sponsored Dig!!..............JOE
This is not true, I worked as an archaeologist for 12 yrs.. Artifacts always go to the land owner.. They be taken for research for a period of time ( with the owners
permission) but are returned to them..Only time they are kept by the state are when it's on state or government property.. Are the land owner gives them to state..
the owner if they want them.. I know this is an old post but had to clear this up..

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Prolly my best.

Attachments

• image-844998132.jpg
    image-844998132.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 236

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best find in Texas

My most valuable find was this ring found under a sidewalk demo (sidewalk had been laid in the middle 50's) in Texas City in 2011. Jeweler said it was brand new, had the copper 'elephant ear' manufacturers tag on it. 18 diamonds totalling about 3/4 K, and no center stone. He said it was made in the late 40's to early 50's with 'single cut' diamonds on it. That was the customers choice so I had a 1/3 ct solitaire put there. It just 'happened' to fit the wife! Jeweler said he would estimate a retail of about $5800 to $6000.
IMG_3705.JPG IMG_3710.JPG
Also, my best month of silver was this past month, October. A hunting buddy and I hunt house and street demolitions in and around Houston. I got 24 silver coins and 144 wheat pennys along with a lot of clad and toy cars, etc. and he got 31 silvers and a wad of wheats, tokens, toys, etc.. On one house demo alone we got 28 silver coins and over a hundred wheats.
October Totals (2).JPG October Totals (1).JPG

Last edited:

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best finds for me: 1891 seated Liberty quarter; found at a Houston area park that was once an old german gun club from the 1890-s to around 1920 or so. Like Jas415 stated above we have found probably over 100 silver coins and at least 500 wheat pennies in the last 3 months hunting demolition sites around Houston. Got a nice 1943 Walking Liberty half-dollar yesterday!

1891 front.JPG 1943 walking liberty front.JPG

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I've posted this chauffeur's badge before in MY BEST FINDS forum (my very first post), but I'll show it again here because it's still my favorite Texas item, found in Texas. The other item is a German Postmaster medallion. I found both on my own property with a metal detector. IMGP3865.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread