Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin fantastic!!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin' fantastic!!!

Unbelievable video of big North American gold nuggets + new finds, pics, videos added: a live thread, so please post your gold shots.
I'll add other videos or stills of big nuggety North American gold as I find them.

This video starts slow, but it's shot underground, so give it a while and then watch out that you don't have a freakin' heart attack!!

I hope you love looking at this as much as I did--every placer miner's dream come true. If you're a rookie, you'll get the fever bad watching this one. (To avoid any confusion, this is not my video, nor is it my clean-up, nor was I involved in any way--I found it by mistake after typing in a search word incorrectly [that's why I'd never found it before], but I sure do love it!!)

Almost 3,800 ounces in the last shot--fines are in the large plastic bags. 100 miles north of the Arctic Circle!

All the best,

Lanny

P.S. I posted it with my beginner's thread as well, but it's so great it deserves it's own place too.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Last edited:
Upvote 2
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I remember reading that article! Showed it to Robi and her eyes got real big, she started shaking and said "THAT'S what WE'RE going to find soon!" Nothing like the power of positive thinking! ...at least I hope that's what that reaction was!!!!!

Your comment shows some genuine humor--I got a good chuckle out of it.

All the best, and I hope you find something big enough to stub your toe on it,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got the best heavy equipment operator, this side of the Mississippi!
Tell us when you want us to show up for work! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for sharing all that Lanny! Good luck to ya'll and HH!

They used their equipment to strip the site before they detected it. I think that whole method started in Australia? Regardless, they sure found some beautiful gold. The gold in the jar has nuggets that weigh in the ounce+ range as well.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hummm I just wonder how long you'd have to boil them spuds before they'd be ready.......

Throw in a few rocks for meat and pretty soon you'd have a delicious, golden stew!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's all been found...yeah, sure it has8-) Thanks Lanny!

You're most welcome, and thanks for dropping in to have a look at some of the eye candy.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice work fellas
That's pretty awesome ...

They did do an incredible job, most likely they were once-in-a-lifetime finds as they broke the record, but for their sakes, I hope not.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Id probably suffer cardiac arrest if I dug up something like that! :-)

You and me both, but I'd go through it twice!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to everyone!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You too Lanny! You really got me drooling cuz those came from my own mining district!

Say, why don't you ask Santa to stuff a few in your stocking then?

All the best to you too,

Lanny

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll add other videos of big nuggety North American gold as I find them.

This video starts slow, but it's shot underground, so give it a while and then watch out that you don't have a freakin' heart attack!!

I hope you love looking at this as much as I did--every placer miner's dream come true. If you're a rookie, you'll get the fever bad watching this one. (To avoid any confusion, this is not my video, nor is it my clean-up, nor was I involved in any way--I found it by mistake after typing in a search word incorrectly [that's why I'd never found it before], but I sure do love it!!)

Almost 3,800 ounces in the last shot--fines are in the large plastic bags. 100 miles north of the Arctic Circle!

All the best,

Lanny

P.S. I posted it with my beginner's thread as well, but it's so great it deserves it's own place too.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Lanny, I just had to drag this up to the front. Since I joined after the original date you posted, I missed it AND I didn't notice this was an on going thread. You amaze me with the cream of the crop gold finds you show to us. This one is especially meaningful to me because it just goes to show you how good a REAL gold prospecting show could be. I was on the edge of my seat every second!:icon_salut: :notworthy:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Jeff.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If anyone has pictures of big North American placer they'd like to post to this thread, PM me in this new year, or post them yourself with a description please.

The reason I started this thread is that Australian gold seems to get all of the press. I'd like to showcase some of our local gold and give it a chance to shine.

All the best,

Lanny

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to pause the video Lanny so I could find my drool rag.
Didn't want to ruin my keyboard. :laughing7: Great video...thanks.......

3029heavy

Dec 19, 2012
303.jpg

368.jpg

There's a couple pix of a gold laced 8lb chunk of quartz found my 1st year of prospecting. Found in north central Washington State

Oldyoungtimer

Feb 20, 2013
Awesome pic of that gold laced quartz! Very nice and lucky find your first year. You must of been close to the mother lode with that chunk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread