Upvote 0

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When I dredged on SF Yuba river in Ca., I fantazised at night about blowing up the ten-15 ton boulders that were randomly scattered
along the river. I just knew there would be ounces of virgin gold underneath. Has anybody actually tried this, or spent weeks trying
to winch these monsters?

No, but I did look into these at one point they're expensive but safest way I think.
I thought about using chain link fence with it too don't know if its stong enough but was thinking the wire rope might slip. Great thread Fullpan always like your posts. Sorry vids kinda boring but only one I found lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what i'm talking about! Cool vid. Its a one time expense - as hoser says you can pick up some of the rigging cheap, at flea mkts - doesn't eat gas or food.

As for chain link fencing, you'll have to sift through Reed Lukens utube videos, (think its one from 2003) to see him yanking dozens of boulders at a time
with chain link, cable, and his vehicle. Very efficient. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Potholes, and active boreholes beneath waterfalls, act like a ball mill. The rocks and sand and boulders move around a lot from the force of the water. So gold may go in, get ground up and spit out. but as the river erodes, pothole and boreholes are no longer subject to the same forces. A pothole may only be under water during flood stage now, so it may collect gold. Waterfall erode their way upstream, leaving a series of boreholes. The ones that are not active now can collect gold that will not get ground up.

OP
OP
F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW, dd - welcome to tnet! What part of country are you in?

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
With record low water looming this summer, this thread might be useful. Remember hand winches and snatch blocks don't make noise, don't attract much
attention.

Hey FP.
The guys are getting out of school soon and we are trying to put together a trip up north, If you or someone could put us onto a good safe dig site 50/50 split.
we can dig like heck.

OP
OP
F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's-a-matter? gettin a little warm down there? hehe. I'm still working on securing a spot- having to rely on op is kinda frustrating, but whatcha gonna do, right? 50/50 would be great if i had ground - maybe some others with good ground will step up, as i'll vouch for you and the youngers anytime!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread