Big Gold today ! What a hunt for all three of us !

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now this was the kind of hunt I think about all the time but rarely happens :laughing7: . Got out this morning with Ryan ( eagleforce ) and Dan ( ohmygato ) to hunt a 1950's school . I have hunted this school off and on over the years always hoping for gold but it has never happened til today ! It got started with Ryan hitting two gold items almost back to back ! Check out his post :thumbsup:! Then Dan found a nice sterling neck less :headbang: . Then it was my turn ! I had a +26 at 5 inches and it turned out to be a small bangle bracelet . I got up and swung my MXT PRO and got another +26 at 5 inches . I thought this ill be another bangle bracelet . Well it was a bracelet but this one was GOLD ! It's a 7.4 gram 10K gold Mexico bracelet ! Next it was Dan's turn :icon_thumright: . It found a small gold pendent with the letter R on it . It's not marked due to the loop on top is gone . He is going to test it . It looks very dark gold , maybe 22K ! The last find was Ryan's 10K gold ring ! Total clad for about 4 hours was $6.90 .
HH
Glen

Attachments

• 100_1640.JPG
    100_1640.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 156
  • 100_1641.JPG
    100_1641.JPG
    1,004 KB · Views: 173
  • 100_1643.JPG
    100_1643.JPG
    697.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 100_1644.JPG
    100_1644.JPG
    700.4 KB · Views: 224
  • 100_1651.JPG
    100_1651.JPG
    370.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 100_1652.JPG
    100_1652.JPG
    402.1 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 13
wow, nice finds all around! that bracelet is killer.

Sweet finds ...

Looks like alot of fun with everyone finding stuff.

CONGRATS !!

I think 'big' is an understatement. :o

Looks like you finally found the hot spot for jewelry at that school. NICE!.......HH!

pl8man,

Good score for you folks getting the gold....I've got an old school yard which I hit for years and got mostly clad and junk....as I kept cleaning out the newer targets ended up with 3 gold rings and 1 gold pendant....so perseverance pays off.

Regards + HH

Bill

WOW! Those are the most productive schools I have ever scene!!! Congratulations on a great hunt.

Congrats! sounds like a fun hunt. HH!

That is really great.

Have you tried talking to someone (grounds keeper) that has been there awhile, or looked at the old background photo's of the school (in old yearbooks ((school library or reg library), to see if anything has changed?
With a school that old, you could also check if the school sold off any property.

You may find some other spots :)

Thats an awesome fricken piece Glen.. WOW! What a hunt today.. They don't get much better!! :occasion14:

That is really great.

Have you tried talking to someone (grounds keeper) that has been there awhile, or looked at the old background photo's of the school (in old yearbooks ((school library or reg library), to see if anything has changed?
With a school that old, you could also check if the school sold off any property.

You may find some other spots :)

Ryan always checks old maps and does old over lay aerial views . This school has not change much since the 1950's .
Glen

WTG - KEEP IT UP :notworthy:

OMG, isn't this your second gold bangle? And this one is huge! I can't believe all the goodies!!

holy smokes i'd say a great day there! Thanks for sharing

Holy Shirt , Nice Digg's !!! I also Like that Gold Bangle ... I am going back to School this A.M. where I found the 1899 Barber yesterday and search the other side of the school yard . After seeing this Gold Post I just want to get dressed and GO NOW... H.H. and Good Luck Mate :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back