BIG Silver Ring

DiggingNC

Apr 23, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett ProPointer, SunRay Pro Gold Headphones. Previousdetectors were White's, Garrett's and others.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, my wife had an outpatient surgery yesterday so I have been nursemaid for a couple of days. She was feeling alot better today, so I decided to go out for an hour to a school football field. I looked around the parking area for bit and found a few clad coins and a junk earring. I decided to go out onto the football field. I started through the gate and was starting on the sideline. I got a couple of clad pennies and a clad quarter. I filled the hole from the quarter and got a piece of a aluminum can. As I rechecked the hole from the can I got what I thought was another quarter signal about a foot away. I filled the hole from the can, and was digging for (what I thought was) the quarter. The sun had went down behind the trees and the lighting was poor. Well, to my surprise when I turned over the plug, I saw silver. I pulled it out, and there was a plug of dirt. I pushed the dirt out of the plug and was greeted with a beautiful, large, silver FFA ring. I was elated! I didn't have a camera with me, so I was unable to get a pic in the dirt. But here is this beauty cleaned up a bit. There is no name on it. Inside the band it reads, "Balfour Sterling" The weight was 17.2 g. Thanks for looking. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Attachments

• photo_6.jpg
    photo_6.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 139
  • photo_5.jpg
    photo_5.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 132
  • photo_4.jpg
    photo_4.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 124
  • photo_3.jpg
    photo_3.jpg
    581.1 KB · Views: 122
  • photo_2.jpg
    photo_2.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Upvote 1

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!

What does FFA stand for?

Srhoads

Apr 26, 2012
Rantoul, IL
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Future farmers of America.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find ! I found one last year but yours looks to be in great condition ! My is very worn . Congrats
Glen

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice looking silver ring! Congrats :)

OP
OP
DiggingNC

DiggingNC

Apr 23, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett ProPointer, SunRay Pro Gold Headphones. Previousdetectors were White's, Garrett's and others.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the comments.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent ring! probably dates to the 1950's

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good that you double cheked... nice find

okerraine

Mar 24, 2009
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Teknetics T2 Minelab equinox 800 CTX Firty Firty
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet it blew your ears off! Congrats

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That one's a beauty.:icon_thumleft:

JRIVER20

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2012
DiggingNC said:
Well, my wife had an outpatient surgery yesterday so I have been nursemaid for a couple of days. She was feeling alot better today, so I decided to go out for an hour to a school football field. I looked around the parking area for bit and found a few clad coins and a junk earring. I decided to go out onto the football field. I started through the gate and was starting on the sideline. I got a couple of clad pennies and a clad quarter. I filled the hole from the quarter and got a piece of a aluminum can. As I rechecked the hole from the can I got what I thought was another quarter signal about a foot away. I filled the hole from the can, and was digging for (what I thought was) the quarter. The sun had went down behind the trees and the lighting was poor. Well, to my surprise when I turned over the plug, I saw silver. I pulled it out, and there was a plug of dirt. I pushed the dirt out of the plug and was greeted with a beautiful, large, silver FFA ring. I was elated! I didn't have a camera with me, so I was unable to get a pic in the dirt. But here is this beauty cleaned up a bit. There is no name on it. Inside the band it reads, "Balfour Sterling" The weight was 17.2 g. Thanks for looking. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Wow that is a nice finding! I was a member of the FFA back in puerto Rico. I got to win contest but never knew they had a silver ring. Wow very nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread