Bitters and Brass (Pile of Relics)

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
I ventured out for my last relic hunt of the year as the weather will make certain sites unaccessible in the very near future. I have been searching for an intact period bottle from this particular site for 4 years and it finally happened, 3 inches below the surface in a shallow trash pit. The bottle is a stunning Ice Blue late 1860s J Walkers Vinegar Bitters in mint condition. If you love glass as much as I do you know this is a difficult feat. The other relics surfaced in the same vicinity. I like personalized relics and the company Letter B is hammered perfectly flat. Other highlights included a couple of Regimental Number 1's, musket hammer, most of the brass from a burned knapsack, cleaning jag, pile of suspender buckles, and a black glass ale with the top knocked off. Anyway, beautiful weather, good company and a couple of firsts. Most peoples relic hunting season is just starting and I wish you all luck. As the ground moistens, privy season begins, so any further posts should be from the depths. Thanks for looking.
-Ev

Attachments

• IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0781.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0783.JPG
    IMG_0783.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0786.JPG
    IMG_0786.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0782.JPG
    IMG_0782.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 10
OP
OP
metalev4

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
Beautiful bottle Evan and nice CW relics. Aren't you out west?

Yes. I lived in VA for 2 years and got hooked. When I moved back I wanted to find the same stuff. Bill Dancy used to be my hunting partner.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes. I lived in VA for 2 years and got hooked. When I moved back I wanted to find the same stuff. Bill Dancy used to be my hunting partner.

What do you mean "used to be". You're still my partner, but its only about twice a year. Hope you can make it out here sometime this season.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ev....I meant the suspender buckle that holds a ring...not to be mistaken with the square pants/suspender buckles which are also marked....is your Ring Buckle marked?

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice group of relics.....where are you at(you don't have to be exact)?

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing collection there, the bottles really complete the scene nicely. Hard to outdo a collection of finds like that!! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
metalev4

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
I will check on that tonight Kuger. I bet it does have a date. Oh... and I found the "Hazard" Powder company top this last time near where I dug that Powder can. You were right.
-Ev

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job Evan looks like you got a hammer two. I guess you will have to make a trip this way to dig this winter. Reid

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread