Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a highly emotional confrontation between supporters of Cliven Bundy the Nevada rancher that has been fighting the BlM since 1993. They have his house surrounded including snipers, armoured vehicles, automatic weapons and body armour. It used to be that BlM and the forrest service who helped served the interests of ranching timber and mining, now they do all they can to keep the people off of their land, and make legal commerce a crime. This is being done by a Sue and Settle agreement with you guessed it, Center for Biodiversity, under the guise of critical habitat for the Desert Tortise. The second link below shows a sanctuary in LV has lost their funding and are going to close, and will euthanize around half of the 14,000 turtles in their inventory. Apparently if the greenies can't get money to save the endangered species, they just KILL THEM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhJ6H9vlEDA

http://rt.com/usa/desert-tortoises-euthanize-nevada-024/

Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clay for someone who was just complaining a couple posts back that this discussion dosn't belong here at all you sure know alot about the subject and have a strong opinion about it. Could ya please make up your mind... Just sayin..

First you bring this ad hominem
Or are you one of those guys who could care less what happens to your neighbors as long as nobody is doing it to you ?
and then you complain that I have opinions and present facts?

Then you ask
Could ya please make up your mind
?

What does any of that have to do with the Bundy's or Gold Prospecting? Would you concentrate on the subject? Attacking the character of another poster won't get you any nuggets or prove your point. (which was...?)

Whether I agree with whether this thread is appropriate for the forum or not it seems to have the blessing of at least one moderator. That doesn't affect what I know about the subject. Are you suggesting I shouldn't share my knowledge and opinions?

If you disagree with the facts please present other facts. If you have formed a different opinion please share it. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Treasure Hunter I can't comment without being "political" so I'll just pretend to be surprised...

Attachments

• Surprised-Look-108071424804.jpeg
    Surprised-Look-108071424804.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 77

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
First you bring this ad hominem
and then you complain that I have opinions and present facts?

Then you ask ?

What does any of that have to do with the Bundy's or Gold Prospecting? Would you concentrate on the subject? Attacking the character of another poster won't get you any nuggets or prove your point. (which was...?)

Whether I agree with whether this thread is appropriate for the forum or not it seems to have the blessing of at least one moderator. That doesn't affect what I know about the subject. Are you suggesting I shouldn't share my knowledge and opinions?

If you disagree with the facts please present other facts. If you have formed a different opinion please share it. :icon_thumleft:
LOL.. Clay I'm not going to be baited into an argument. I was simply making a point that first you insisted that this discussion didn't belong on a treasure hunting forum at all & then you proceded to give everyone your opinion on the matter more than once. Hence my comment to "make up your mind"... That is all. Purposely calling for threads people don't like to disappear rather than simply skipping over the ones that don't interest them seems to be a sad state of affairs on here lately. What blew me away was that it seems you do have an interest in this subject but still complained about it being brought up. Was it because you knew the majority would disagree with you ? Just curious. This quote is what I find the most confusing.. " Are you suggesting I shouldn't share my knowledge and opinions?".. I, for one, welcome opposing opinions. It was YOU who didn't want to discuss it at all. Remember ? Then you tell me I need to concentrate while at the same time accusing me of attacking your character ? Really ? Where did I do that ? Sorry my friend. It's not up to you to tell me what "the subject" is. I have the right to speak my mind and offer my opinion just as much as you do. And it's my opinion that some of you simply don't get what this stand off was really all about. Again, it's not about permits, or grazing fees, or turtles. The reason the people made a stand is because of the way over the top show of force the government chose to take. "We the People" said NO. Deal with it. I hope it continues to happen every time the jack booted thugs show up...

Last edited:

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
Tyranny isn't just the way the regs are enforced. It is also the endless complying with the regs and the purposeful confusion that stems from vague terms that are subject to interpretation. Remember many ranchers in that area sold there rights because they were tired of fighting. He is the last holdout.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL.. Clay I'm not going to be baited into an argument. I was simply making a point that first you insisted that this discussion didn't belong on a treasure hunting forum at all & then you proceded to give everyone your opinion on the matter more than once. Hence my comment to "make up your mind"... That is all. Purposely calling for threads people don't like to disappear rather than simply skipping over the ones that don't interest them seems to be a sad state of affairs on here lately. What blew me away was that it seems you do have an interest in this subject but still complained about it being brought up. Was it because you knew the majority would disagree with you ? Just curious.

I did not insist that "this discussion didn't belong on a treasure hunting forum at all". Please reread my post. My objection was that it had nothing to do with "Gold Prospecting". Do you have facts to connect the Bundy matter with Gold Prospecting?

I "complained" about the subject being posted in the "Gold Prospecting" forum. I have never complained about it "being brought up". If you are looking for the motivation for my post please read it. I clearly stated in my reply to you why I posted on the subject.
My choice to post what I did was motivated by seeing prospectors jumping on a train headed for a wreck.

Misstating what I have previously written is a childish tactic. You may try to twist the meaning of my posts but I would point anyone who has a question to my already posted facts and opinions. Please refrain from attempting to put words in my mouth.

I repeat:

If you disagree with the facts please present other facts. If you have formed a different opinion please share it.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's useless to try and be factual or use logic with some folks on this thread Clay. They don't want to hear facts that don't line up with their personal belief systems.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
So now Clay is calling me "childish" and Terry is cheering him on... And it's me who attacked your character ? LOL I'm out. You 2 will have to find someone else to pig pile on.. The good guys won this round with the BLM.. Suck it up buttercup. I hope this turns into a giant snowball.. :thumbsup: And Clay ? I will apologise for any misunderstanding about what exactly it was you were complaining about. I missed that it was posted in Gold Prospecting because I usually just click on "Active topics" and read everything so I rarely pay any attention to the heading. I like knowing a little bit about everything so I generally don't pick nits about things like that. Maybe you could start a petition to have it moved....

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys can sure ruin a good discussion with …..bickering and nagging.Forget the subject at hand lets attack each other .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread