Bone Mystery

LogansRun

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dog had this bone out in the yard this morning. Any help as to what animal it is would be appreciated. I have sort of a large hand and included it to give perspective. Thanks for any help.
b1 001.jpgb1 002.jpgb1 003.jpgb1 005.jpgb1 006.jpgb1 007.jpg would be appreciated.b2 004.jpgb2 006.jpgb2 001.jpgb2 002.jpg

Last edited:
Ok thanks. I have heard of bear in parts of South Carolina but not this area but I guess they could live anywhere.

Upvote 0
Took some more pictures with measuring tape and added to original post.

Upvote 0
Creepy wait till he poops if you find a skull then you will know

Upvote 0
Chupocabra! Sincerely though, Bear is probably right. The short length of the lower leg bone suggests that.

Upvote 0
I’m not familiar with bears but it’s not human it’s not anything deer or cow like because the metatarsals aren’t fused, after a google search of bears I’d def believe it.

Upvote 0
I live just below Greenville SC. I have pics of bears on my front yard camera, and a small bear was hit by a car near my house. I have learned that they are all over the state.

Upvote 0
Does anyone have an idea why there is only 4 finger parts and that shorter thicker thing back up higher on the piece? I looked up bear feet and it all showed 5 similar looking parts.

Upvote 0
I'm going with what old digger says. I've seen bear in his neck of the woods, so with that I'm thinking he should know. Bears are getting to be a big problem here in Colorado and other states, as more and more people move into the bears territory and deplete their natural food sources.

Attachments

• cos-manhole-bear_cpw_07262018.jpg
    cos-manhole-bear_cpw_07262018.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 0
Shorter thicker one is the calcaneus bone, or heel bone, as far as 4 not 5 i would guess it fell off somewhere along the journey to your yard

Upvote 0
What the heck is that you better load your guns lol that's creeeeeepy

Upvote 0
What the heck is that you better load your guns lol that's creeeeeepy

Well always locked and loaded here but am hoping like others have said on here it is a bear. Hmmm, maybe a Sasquatch killed the bear. :dontknow:

Upvote 0
By the looks of the canines that was an Old bear!

Give that puppy a bleach soak and mount that on the barn...

Upvote 0
Sir, your dog has killed my ex-wife. That is one fine pup you have there......

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back