Minkey

Aug 5, 2008
Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have recently found this bottle at a yard sale and I would like to know its approximate value. I have looked many times for this bottle on the internet and have only found ones with pontil marks. As you can see in the pictures below you there isn't a pontil mark on the bottom of the bottle. The front of the bottle has the words "Dr. J. F. CHURCHILL'S SPECIFIC REMEDY FOR CONSUMPTION" embossed on it. The right side of the bottle has the words "HYPOPHOSPHITES OF LIME AND SODA" embossed on it and the left side of the bottle has the words "J. WINCHESTER NEW YORK'' embossed on it. The seam line extends most of the way to the neck of the bottle which implies that the bottle was made from 1860-1880. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• PB040105.JPG
    PB040105.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 318
  • PB040107.JPG
    PB040107.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 310

dirt diva

Jul 4, 2008
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
CZ 7 pro quick silver CZ 70 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you been to reggiesantiquebottles.com? ???

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice bottle Minkey, but I'm not very familiar with stuff from outside of New England, so I can't help you price wise. I'd try posting it on antique-bottles.net. There are a LOT of very friendly and knowledgeable folks over there, especially on medicine bottles. Good luck, and keep hitting those yard sales!!

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasurekidd said:
That's a nice bottle Minkey, but I'm not very familiar with stuff from outside of New England, so I can't help you price wise. I'd try posting it on antique-bottles.net. There are a LOT of very friendly and knowledgeable folks over there, especially on medicine bottles. Good luck, and keep hitting those yard sales!!
late 1800s they are worth money, urs is cuzz its embossed and not a IBM, if u find any that r green they are worth more..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread