Boulder County CO Dredging on my Un-patented Mining Claim. Legal?

cafficgold

Apr 30, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi,

Looking for some advice if possible. I found out from the local news that the Boulder County Sheriff is shutting down access to Boulder Creek for flood repair that includes dredging the bottom of the river. I have approximately 25 acres of claimed river in the exact area that the county plans to dredge. My claims are on BLM land managed by the forest service and NOT part of Boulder County. Is the county allowed to close my access and dredge my claim? Doesn't seem right. I went to the BLM office in Golden CO and spoke with them. They said call the Ranger Office in Boulder. The Ranger Office said call the Boulder Sheriff and I am waiting to get a call back from them.

Looking for some advice and insight into the legality. Maybe I can get the dredge tailings :laughing7:

Thank you!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cafficgold

cafficgold

Apr 30, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting - Complete reversal. How do you go from a minimum closure of 60 days to complete the "restoration" to two days? Maybe my polite conversation with the County Commissioner opened some eyes, maybe not.

"BOULDER, Colo. - Good news for people who like to swim, tube and kayak Boulder Creek -- a large section of the creek is reopening Friday.

Earlier this week, the City of Boulder and Boulder County issued an emergency order banning use of the popular recreation area from Boulder Falls to 75th Street and Jay Road while crews remove debris from the devastating September floods.

However, officials said they will open the creek from Boulder Falls to Broadway on Friday at noon.

"Public safety officials believe that this section of Boulder Creek will be safe for kayakers, swimmers, and tubers after the heavy equipment that was being used to remove sediment and debris is moved to other drainage ways," officials with the Boulder County Sheriff's Office said in a news release. "Contractors will continue removing debris and sediment east of Broadway, and that section of Boulder Creek will remain closed to recreational use. As flood recovery work progresses, other sections of Boulder Creek will be reopened when the city and county deem that it is safe for public use."

Trees and concrete blocks are still in the waterway, often submerged and invisible below the surface, a spokesperson for the Boulder Police Department.

"We look at the public safety issue. Do you want to be tubing down Boulder Creek and get caught on some rebar and be seriously injured and go to the hospital?" said Kim Kobel with Boulder Police.

If you are caught in the water during the closure, it could cost you up to a thousand dollars or 90 days in jail."

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great update and news. I would love to know where the material they suck out of the creek is being dumped...would be worth sampling I bet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread