Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great choice. A two rod system instead of three, very light. Simple to operate, has most options except ground balance. 10" concentric coil gets 9" on US quarter. Fast recovery rate. 9 segments and numeric ID. 1 9v battery lasts 20-25 hours. 3 tones (Iron, Gold, Silver ranges). I love mine. And use it for a quick turn on and go machine.

OP
OP
TXPIRATE

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes got to use it a grand total 10 minutes sat. Small to lot 1 pennies 1 foil I coat button. Tested it on some rings I like it over all

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking about recommending one of those for my neighbor, he wants a cheap and decent car trunk detector to take for the road. How's the target separation on the QDP?

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's actually quite good. A fast recovery rate, but I haven't tried the nail above the quarter thing. Right now there's snow on the ground, or I would go out an give it a shot. I live in a double wide, so no chance of doing it inside.:dontknow:

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's actually quite good. A fast recovery rate, but I haven't tried the nail above the quarter thing. Right now there's snow on the ground, or I would go out an give it a shot. I live in a double wide, so no chance of doing it inside.:dontknow:

Thanks for the info phantasman, you guys are getting hammered like I've never seen. Stay warm hopefully this all ends soon so you and many others can get out and beep.

OP
OP
TXPIRATE

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a customer that wears rings on every finger so 10k some 14k from small to heavy She let me test them (airtest) the Vid numbers it was all in high 20 to high 30's. on Vid #. Looking to get a 5" COIL FOR THIS. Also love the volume control on it sometimes I hunt in areas I don't want to wear headphones or have the vol. to loud.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What was your air test depth on a quarter? I got 9".

OP
OP
TXPIRATE

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has good depth. I just didn't airtest using a ruler. My office has a lot of interferance and metal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread