Bounty Hunter Time Ranger verses any other high end detector....

rumme

Apr 2, 2007
I have recently been reading other discussion forums about detectors and it seems some very knowledgable detectorists favor the Time Ranger over other more expensive name brand units. Has anyone on here had a chance to compare features and accuraccy of the Time Ranger { $379.99} to the other more expensive name brand detectors that are in the $450 + range ? It seems that the Bounty Hunter falls into a category where most people either hate it or love it...not much in between

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
The Time Ranger has been upgraded 3 times.I doubt you can get the latest version for under $400.The latest version is a good detector.A lot of the ones on ebay are 'new old stock',not upgraded.Be advised.

OP
OP
R

rumme

Apr 2, 2007
I thought the newest version took two- 9 volt batteries and had four preset functions with sniff and blank features and came with a extra 4" sniper coil ? They were trying to sell this unit for over $400 but I shopped around and was able to get it for $379.99 and they told me it was the latest model { 4th version} .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread