Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just let my girlfriend open and assemble mine that was delivered today... She read the manual and air tested with various targets... Now we wait out the Minnesota winter before we can field test it... I was expecting it to be wobbly from what I've read but just like my ATP, I'm only 5'6" so the shaft isn't extended very far and it's plenty stable. Seems like a solid machine for the $71 I invested.. Can't wait to try it out

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer machine I've found more coins with it than any of my machines not to mention I found a 10k diamond ring the second week out with it. For the money it really performs.

MitchellB

Feb 3, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've just joined the forum and been reading several post here about the BH4 and have decided to look for the Bounty Hunter IV tomorrow morning at the local Hobby Lobby as my first metal detector. We just bought 2 small lots that join our home and need to find the metal corner stake pins for the property lines. I thought to myself, for what a survey company will charge me to locate the pins, I could buy my own metal detector and do it myself. I'll also have a new toy to play with and maybe even find enough coins and treasure to pay for itself.

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own both the Tracker is a better coin machine and a better ring machine. It pinpoints way easier than the Ace .It kills the Ace in coins and in jewlry equals it but destroys the ace in rings. Depth on the Tracker is about 5 to 6 inches the Ace is about 7 inches with the stock coil.

Nice to hear this from someone with a history of a bunch of machines. Makes me feel good about my T4 an used-once Craigslist buy. Then of courde the weather went to crap :)

stonehenge

Aug 27, 2010
I bought a BH T4 from Hobby Lobby .com with the 40% coupon and free shipping and then got one for Christmas before I ever opened the one I bought. Rather than return mine and pay return postage, I listed on ebay and made $30!

Haven't used it much yet except testing in the yard. Looking forward to finding some relics

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 tracker Iv are allways nice . Thats double the fun.

dimedigger

Jan 25, 2013
waccamaw
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer ex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i used to would say ask trackerman but he's all into garretts's now

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still love the Tracker Iv its just i needed an all weather machine and garrettts At Pro just happend to be one and a good one at that.

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have both the tracker IV and the ace 350, the ace has the DD coil, I enjoy the tracker IV and prefer it to my 350.
The depth could be a little better but is not bad. I plan to purchase a Minelab E-trac in the comming month.
The tracker IV in my opinion is more bang for the buck than alot of detectors I have worked with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread