Bounty Hunters Coin and large object depth is it TRUE?

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bounty Hunter's Coin and large object depth is it TRUE?

Hey guys

I have been reading up on my bounty hunter catalogue with their detectors.

On their product comparison chart there are two rows: One for coin depth and another for larger object depth.

The numbers go from 5", 2' junior model;VLF 6",2';TrackerIV8",3';Land Star 10",5' and 12", 5' with the time ranger....Now Can any of you prove that these detectors really go to these depths

Do you think they are accurate?
I am asking cuz I have never seen a company put their depths on the products.

thanks
Larry

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: Bounty Hunter's Coin and large object depth is it TRUE?

Well I can....I have a Bounty Hunter and its depth range is unbelievable....Cheyenne dug an safe door at four feet....we use it alot just to find the deep targets....its never let us down

OP
OP
Larsmed

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

gypsy

WHOA!!!! What Model were you using???

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Pioneer 202

We have a pretty good system now... Cheyenne will often follow behind me and if she hits on something I missed we dig...we have often gone to places that people have said were hunted out and scanned the area first with the BH....always find something....We use the BH exclusively in the woods and fields because of the depth...if something ever happens to this one...I would buy another ASAP

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

funny you were reading up on those Larry, I did a search last nite at the wallmarts just to see how much they were..but I had no clue on the machines the descriptions were not that great..but holey moley now..

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I can tell you a bounty hunter can go deep. I have been using an old 2D/707 for quite a few years now and I have dug things many times at the 4,5 & 6 foot or more mark.

The first time I did it it I thought there was something wrong with the machine. It can freak you out, Most of the time it is a large object.

Though one time I found a hinge at about 5 1/2. Still gets strange digging that deep, I only do it at remote places and ignore the signal in parks and lots. It would probaly be hard to explain to a judge why I was digging a six foot deep hole. :coffee2:

Damm thing should come with a backhoe because most people won't dig that deep. :)

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

but wait.. isnt fisher and bounty hunter now one company... or am I daft again..

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Montana Jim needs to come in here because I know he uses one and can verify the deep finds...

I have had fantastic luck with the BH and know that if I was searching for an iron box or similiar item I would take this baby first....I have a site just waiting for me in Missouri that I know the BH will produce a big find....

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005

I too, can vouch for the Bounty Hunter being a deep seeker. I have an older model (Big Bud Pro SED)that I use most of the time. I sometimes hunt with other guys who have other detectors and I always get my share of the coins and jewelry. So much so that several of my buddies keep trading detectors to test against me. I also had a 3300. Almost identical depth, except digital. Mine is analog. With the 10" coil
I can go deeper than you will want to dig for most coins.

beached whale

Feb 9, 2008

Will the 505 go deep. I have one but new to md , bought 3 years ago and just used for 2 weeks. All metal to get that deep ?

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star

Larsmed said:
Hey guys

I have been reading up on my bounty hunter catalogue with their detectors.

On their product comparison chart there are two rows: One for coin depth and another for larger object depth.

The numbers go from 5", 2' junior model;VLF 6",2';TrackerIV8",3';Land Star 10",5' and 12", 5' with the time ranger....Now Can any of you prove that these detectors really go to these depths

Do you think they are accurate?
I am asking cuz I have never seen a company put their depths on the products.

thanks
Larry
You didn't say what mode the detectors are on for the quoted depths. It's simple to find out for yourself with your detector, with any detector. When you are outside, put your detector on ALL METALS. Some detectors need to be put in PINPOINT to achieve REAL ALL METALS! Then, approach a car and see how far or close your detector will start to react. Chances are that it'll start to react a good many feet away, maybe 6-5 feet, more or less.

Once you switch to DISC, you will have to be on top of it possibly a foot away possibly farther 'cause a car is a lot of metal! But with coins, you're not going to feet, just inches albeit a lot of inches like 10" which is damn decent.

SF

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202

I have a Pioneer 202 and thats the only one I've ever had. Am I to understand that not all brands of detectors do this? I dug a mason jar lid at about 2.5 feet the other daY

Hunter

Dec 6, 2007
Chicago and Florida Keys
Detector(s) used
Matrix M-6, Bounty Hunter, Fisher CZ-21 and Pistol Probe Pinpointer.

I have a quick draw and I dug a quarter at 12 inches deep in a play ground.

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70

I use 505, 3300 and a T2

They will easy hit a mason jar lid at 16" and be accurate.
The T2 hit a wheat penny at 9"
Both 505 and 3300 will hit dimes and pennies at 6" without any problems.

A lot of this depends on the soil mineralization, trash masking, etc. I've noticed at times depths are 1" to 2" off + or - depending on circumstances.

FelixtheCat

Jan 24, 2008
Miami
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21 / Tesoros Deleon & Sand Shark

I have a 3300 and I have done dimes deeper than 6" at the beach. The VDI might be off from its numerical range but the signal is repeatable and therefore one that I will dig.

dogcaught

Mar 2, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II sunray x-1 probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Vanquish 540

i have an old SharpShooter II. all metal mode with a 10" coil will find many chinese coins (still in their pockets on the other side of earth.) At my last house, i gave up on a few targets because i didnt want to tunnel into my backyard. I'm thinking maybe a water main ??? I also found a 55 gallon drum buried 2 to 3 feet below the surface, used as an old burn barrel. The rim outlined perfectly in all metal mode. I found a mostly eroded pan in a clearing in the woods in all metal. I'm 6 feet tall and i know my entire arm and shoulder were down in that hole trying to free this old relic.

redlined

Jan 15, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MXT,Excellerator 4.5x7,Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202

I've found plenty off stuff deeper than I ever figured with my BH. Found an axe head nearly two feet deep covered in tree roots. The best story I can tell on the BH was when me and two buddies went to hit an old picnic area. One had an MXT, and the other had a Classic 4. The little BH hung in there with them, and by the end of the day I had actually found more coins than both of them had put togather. I really knew my machine and I figure that had a lot to do with it, but I did walk away feeling good about my "cheap" detector..........

limitedthoughts

Mar 8, 2008
vale, oregon
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Quick Silver

Quick silver found a 1998 nickle 13 inches.

I seriously think it depends on the grounds your working with. Some places i cant get deeper then 4 inches.

LT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread