Bounty Hunters Coin and large object depth is it TRUE?

OP
OP
Larsmed

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

dl_mooney

Jun 26, 2008
Re: Bounty Hunter's Coin and large object depth is it TRUE?

Great, glad to hear that they do a good job. New Time Ranger,Getting my gear together,cant wait to start. dl_mooney

catdriver

Jul 12, 2008

Jeep said:
Damm thing should come with a backhoe because most people won't dig that deep. :)

haha....Mine does. I;m in the excavating biz an just happen to own a Bobcat X 320 Mini-excavator that will dig up to 7ft deep....

Ronnie

Attachments

• x320.jpg
    x320.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 2,138

oldbill

Mar 25, 2006

Many years ago I had a BH Red Baron, WOW was that thing deep I would love to have one today but can't find one. It was so much better than the new detectors I have a Tesoro Tejon and hate it. Bill

beached whale

Feb 9, 2008

Someone posted on another forum about owning one. Treasure finds on the bounty hunter post.

catdriver

Jul 12, 2008

oldbill said:
Many years ago I had a BH Red Baron, WOW was that thing deep I would love to have one today but can't find one. It was so much better than the new detectors I have a Tesoro Tejon and hate it. Bill

I got one that is basically brand new that a buddy that died left me. He bought it new an used it to find something he lost years ago an then put it in his gun safe for all of these years. Here is a pic of it from a few days ago-----Red Baron RB12D

Ron B.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 2,117

izzitcat

May 13, 2008
Louisville,Ky.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger/White's Classic5ID

I have a Land Ranger and I dug an old ceramic pitcher under tree roots at at least 15" When you use a BH people in China have trouble with their pacemakers :wink:

Izzitcat

George (MN)

May 16, 2005

It all depends so much on your soil. I've detected since 1976 with dozens of detectors costing from under $100 to over $1,000 & never found a coin over 7" deep. My soil is highly variable, maybe no detector could stay tuned to it & maybe I need to slow down so I can readjust it every 2 inches? HH, George (MN)

Digum

Jul 24, 2008

I use two 3300's and occasionally a Tesoro Stingray. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't locate anything deep with a BH. I watched a guy on the GPAA show stand in a creek and say that you get one inch depth for ever $100 you spend on a metal detector. $200=2", $1000=10". He is some kind of highly educated guy but I'd have to strongly disagree with him on this subject. A 3300 costs around $300 and I've dug coins at 11 inches. It does depend on your soil. It depends on how wet or dry your ground is. What kind of minerals your soil has. I used to be a big time Bounty Hunter skeptic when I used the more costly brands. No more. BH's do not have a depth problem. Digum

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver

catdriver said:
oldbill said:

I got one that is basically brand new that a buddy that died left me. He bought it new an used it to find something he lost years ago an then put it in his gun safe for all of these years. Here is a pic of it from a few days ago-----Red Baron RB12D

Ron B.
Are you keeping it??...lol

catdriver

Jul 12, 2008

Mr.Jody said:
catdriver said:
oldbill said:

Ron B.
Are you keeping it??...lol

Yeah, since he was my best friend I would hate to sell it. It just wouldn't seem right to me. But, I'm probably gonna put it up an not use it either. I've had pretty good luck with my 505 so far.

Ron

Zym

Jan 19, 2007
Gig Harbor WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend ( 6", 11", and 13x13.5" coils)
Ancient Garret Groundhog AM-2

Well, this puts some things in to perspective. I thought my Quickdraw 2 was defective because it was giving signals in my yard. I would dig down 5 or six inches and not find anything. I was about to go out and buy something new and chalk it up to a crappy detector. I'm going to go back out and bring a bigger shovel.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250

i have a bounty hunter prospector dx and a bounty hunter pinpointer and i never hear any one using a prospector dx only the ones yall have named is my way to pricey or way to cheap or not a very popular model just wondering because i have had the sam eproblem it will say 6 inches and i dig to 8 and sift the plug very well and nothing there it must have been deeper than i think .

catdriver

Jul 12, 2008

Zym said:
Well, this puts some things in to perspective. I thought my Quickdraw 2 was defective because it was giving signals in my yard. I would dig down 5 or six inches and not find anything. I was about to go out and buy something new and chalk it up to a crappy detector. I'm going to go back out and bring a bigger shovel.

Bounty Hunters are so good on depth, that they are probably picking up the iron core of the planet..... :wav:

Attachments

• Obama_Dizzy_Double.jpg
    Obama_Dizzy_Double.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,777

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star

I have a BH Land Star and there are 2 areas in my yard that I have dug about 10 inches down in my yard. I MD in Disc Mode until I get a signal then swith over to All Metal mode to pinpoint. When I am in Disc Mode it comes up that it is only 4 to 6 inches deep.

My Sensitivity is set around the 2 o'clock and Disc/Notch knob is set low and ground balance is around the 12 o'clock position.

I still have problems with Ground Balance and still working on learning how to properly adjust it for different soil use.

But, since I still get signals over the 2 holes that I have dug, do you think I should dig down further? Its my yard and I already trashed it learning how to dig plugs in June and July.

Any other tips on using the Land Star would be greatly appreciated.

Sue

TwT

Dec 4, 2006
Lincolnton, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. GT

almost 2 years ago I bought a Sov gt, since I had a detector my youngest daughter wanted her one also so I was thinking of getting her a ACE 250, but my wife was in Mississippi visiting family and said she bought her and my daughter detectors, I asked what kind and how much did she spend, she said one detector was $29 and the other was $99, then she said they were bounty hunters 1100 and 3300, 1100 is kinda weak, only goes a couple inches (coins) on the beach but I am looking to see if I can find another coil to help it increase, the 3300 is still in the box, still raped in bubble rap I guest, never seen the day light, might have to get it out one day and try it out just to play around with, never give up on my gt though :tongue3: .

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro

I use a BH - Quicksilver, and the depth is pretty amazing on it. I use medium depth which the book says is 4" - 5" yes inches. But a full soda can dug up at 12 - 14", and the deep setting should double that.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Gypsy Heart said:
Montana Jim needs to come in here because I know he uses one and can verify the deep finds...

I have had fantastic luck with the BH and know that if I was searching for an iron box or similiar item I would take this baby first....I have a site just waiting for me in Missouri that I know the BH will produce a big find....

I just read this! LOL...

Yes... the BH's work... I love mine and thay have ALWAYS held thier own.

Or, you can believe the hype about them being "cheap" - either way I love mine.

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro

Montana Jim said:
Gypsy Heart said:
Montana Jim needs to come in here because I know he uses one and can verify the deep finds...

I have had fantastic luck with the BH and know that if I was searching for an iron box or similiar item I would take this baby first....I have a site just waiting for me in Missouri that I know the BH will produce a big find....

I just read this! LOL...

Yes... the BH's work... I love mine and thay have ALWAYS held thier own.

Or, you can believe the hype about them being "cheap" - either way I love mine.

Yeah I love my BH, some people think all BH's are cheapo's but heck I love it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread