Bounty Hunters Coin and large object depth is it TRUE?

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Re: Bounty Hunter's Coin and large object depth is it TRUE?

I have BH Tracker IV, and it has found me some great finds. One is in the Texas forum under the Battle of Medina title. I found a Studebaker Wagon thimble about 12" down on a 1/2 sensative setting. Just last weekend I found an old pull tab soda can about a foot and a half deep with about a quarter of the sensativity set. All in all, I say this a great mo-chine :thumbsup:

hsvboy

Greenie
Jan 5, 2009

well i got a 3300 and its my first detector and i have no complaints . i think you might get a little to expensive and adjust your self right out of a great find .

revdrlon

Apr 19, 2008
owensboro, ky
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter land star

i found a horseshoe at 2 feet with my land star

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

My BH is inexpensive but NOT cheap.

I really splurged and picked up a new Fast Tracker for $52.00 from an online retail establishment. I have been using it in all metal mode for relic hunting in an area that was occupied in the 1870's. I have found several neat things but I was very impressed when I dug a horseshoe at 9" with the 7" coil that came with the machine.

I bought a 10" coil for it and am hoping for great things in the future.

BTW the target seperation with the 7" coil is amazing in all metal mode. I got two solid hits side by side and ended up digging a U nail at around 4 inches!

HH,
Doug

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, this is an old thread, but some pretty amazing claims. I had a Bounty Hunter Land Ranger, my first detector. I found lots of neat finds with it including a gold necklace and a couple of silver rings. But none of them were over 6" deep. While I was learning I found a little park that had lots of clad and me and the BH were there quite a bit. Then I got a good deal on an ACE 250 and bought it sight unseen (really cheap). And went to the park and found about 25 coins I had missed several times with the BH! None were that deep, usually about 4" but it confounded me. I also had a RS3300 and it was a bit fancier looking than the Land Ranger in that at least no one called it a muffler on a stick. ;D It was a nice little detector and I had a small hunting buddy whose detector broke so I gave it to him. To make a longer story short, I don't have anything against BH and think they are pretty darn good little detectors. Better than what they are given credit for. But I just never saw the depth quoted in earlier posts. Maybe I was just too lazy to dig that deep? Monty

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009

I have the BH Tracker IV and the BJ Junior. The numbers listed here seem to be pretty much on par for what I have been seeing out in the field. The Tracker IV numbers may be about an inch higher that what I'm air testing but the number for the Junior is probably right on the money. Of course, you can also expect to get a little better results out in the dirt depending on where you are digging. I've dug quarters at around 10" with the Tracker IV and quarters at 6" with the Junior.

So the numbers seem pretty fair to me.

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Well, I got the 10" coil and gave it a try last week. I ended up digging up a top to an old Sinclair oil can that was at least 18" deep in all metal mode! In my opinion that is not a bad relic machine with two coils for under $100.00.

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Went out over the weekend and pulled a narrow guage railroad spike out of the ground at 14". It's still doing good for me.

Doug

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

For what it is worth in this old thread, I love my 505. It will pick up targets deeper than I want to dig in all metal mode, and I dug 2 pieces of aluminum cans at 10+ inches this past Thursday in auto notch. When I tried to pin point those two targets in all metal mode, I had to raise the coil 10 to 12 inches above the ground to get a good reading. I am still learning my machine because circumstances delayed me for about 6 months but I am more than satisfied after this past wed. and thurs. I am going to purchase a 4 inch coil tonight.

capt.

mrbelvetron

Jun 15, 2004
Cleburne, TX.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505

I use a 505 and love it. No really deep coins but I got one of those old white and blue enamel pan between 2.5 to 3 feet. Thought I was going nuts and ready to break the machine but it kept ringing consistently.

Once I saw the pan, which was upside down, I started daring to hope for a cache (parent's place, late 1800's site) but alas it was not to be. Still a cool find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread