Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KKC got out to a new site today. Kyle did the research and Zeus secured the permission from the nice lady. The day started off nicely with the group finding 2 Colonial buttons in just a few minutes. After that, it seemed like a big tease. We had visions of Colonial coppers popping out, but it wasn't meant to happen.

I can't complain though. I found this nice Braided Hair large cent. :hello2: It gave off a bad overload signal. Even though it read up at "Dollar," I wasn't too excited about it. I sure am glad that I dug it out. In the same hole, I pulled a square nail out. I wish I would have gotten that on film as well. :dontknow: The copper isn't Colonial, but this is my first Braided Hair in 4 years. My last one was in 2006. I am happy with it. :headbang: We dig more Colonial coppers here in PA than we do Braided Hair cents. :dontknow:

The pioneer settler must have had deep pockets or he was dirt poor. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: Our usual button to copper ratio is 2:1. I think this site was around 15:1. :icon_scratch: Next week we will try to gain permission for another field. :icon_thumleft:

Keep the passion high! :headbang:

Kirk :hello:

Attachments

• DSCF3093.JPG
    DSCF3093.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 786
  • DSCF3091.JPG
    DSCF3091.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 759
  • DSCF3092.JPG
    DSCF3092.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 780
  • DSCF3096.JPG
    DSCF3096.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 770
  • DSCF3099.JPG
    DSCF3099.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 769
Upvote 0
Congrats Kirk, you at least got a copper and those later year Large Cent usually are in pretty good condition, like yours appears to be. Nice button to boot, so you had a decent hunt!

Don

Don in SJ said:
Congrats Kirk, you at least got a copper and those later year Large Cent usually are in pretty good condition, like yours appears to be. Nice button to boot, so you had a decent hunt!

Don

It is a welcome addition to my collection. We usually never dig these large cents, so I was happy to see what it was. I think I can see the date of 1856, but I am not 100% sure. :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Kirk

Kirk,
Copper is copper. Can't complain when one of those pops out. I know what you mean about the Braided Hairs, though. I think I've found three or four in the last three years among 80 or so other coppers.
I got a Braided Hair this week that might as well be a washer. Keep the passion high. You will, you must...

Dwayne

dwayne sueno said:
Kirk,
Copper is copper. Can't complain when one of those pops out. I know what you mean about the Braided Hairs, though. I think I've found three or four in the last three years among 80 or so other coppers.
I got a Braided Hair this week that might as well be a washer. Keep the passion high. You will, you must...

Dwayne

Thanks, Big D, I appreciate it. We have dug close to 200 coppers in the past 3 years and only about 3 were Braided Hairs. :headbang:

Kirk

Great job on the braided Kirk! That coin has a beautiful patina on it. You gotta love that green color coming out of the ground!

Kirk,

I am from South Central PA as well, maybe we can hook up sometime and go hunting. Let me know.

LittleJohn

I could only dream of finding some of the things you guys on the East side find, my days coming, awesome finds you got there, happy hunting, Ken.

I had a great time detecting even if it wasn't the greatest day ever. The copper is in great shape. Except the date that is :icon_scratch: I love that button. We must hit a new site next week. :thumbsup:
Chris

I just love finding coppers, if I had to go home with just one I would like one as nice as yours!

hold on to the passion til your next hunt, you guys are due to bust out in a big way!

not too big I hope :D we must keep our reputation intact too you know :thumbsup:

Nice Braided Hair Cent it looks in good shape. Digging any Large Cent is a good day. :icon_thumleft:

Bubba65

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back