Brain Death

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Crispin,

LOL......I've got a better one....especially if he's doing lift off stoned.....beside....don't want the pre diluvian crowd to figure out how my twisted mind works.....that word should get them running to their Funk and Wagnall....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

I like the Byrds; it DOES bring up the question, tho. ONLY the brain would experience "altered states of Consciousness"; "stoned" is ONLY with the brain. At "death", just PURE Consciousness. Consciousness, Awareness, BLISS!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Bliss? How so? Buddhist tenant would have me believe that consciousness simply "is." I consider bliss to be an emotion from the brain associated with a chemical response.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Bliss? How so? Buddhist tenant would have me believe that consciousness simply "is." I consider bliss to be an emotion from the brain associated with a chemical response.

LOL! COSMIC Bliss... NOT needing brain... chemical response, etc.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin/Rebel,

I've been sifting through this thread......and to be serious for a change I'm not ashamed to admit it you've both got me confused big time....

Regards + HH

Bill

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Crispin/Rebel,

I've been sifting through this thread......and to be serious for a change I'm not ashamed to admit it you've both got me confused big time....

Regards + HH

Bill

LOL! Bill, I am "coming" from MOSTLY personal experiences, with some Buddhist "way of Life" "leaning" (Meditation, etc); I guess "C" is "coming" from MOSTLY Cognitive Psychology, a MEDICAL "model", as seen by his use of "medical terms" regarding the BRAIN. MY training was in Humanistic/Transpersonal Psychology (with a Minor in Religion, I am INTER-FAITH)... AND! We are BOTH correct in our "understandings"... you just have to ask for clarifications.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Rebel: I have worked in too many hospitals to count. The most memorable: St. Elizabeth's. Do you know who is housed there?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin/Rebel,

Tell you what so I don't come across as a complete ludite can you recommend a book sort of a "psychology for dummies" book so I can digest some of this stuff.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill: You already have a good fund of knowledge about psychology and the way people work. Rebel and I are using few words intentionally. It helps cut out emotion and get straight to the thought. You don't need to read a book. Just ask and one of us will clarify. Feel free to start at the beginning, we'll guide you through. After you get the hang of 'Rebel Speak' he becomes exceptionally lucid.

Rebel is right. I am using a predominantly cognitive/medical/biochemical model. Rebel has much more knowledge of eastern philosophy and religion but I know enough to hang with him. What we are really missing from the conversation is an emphatic transcendentalist with a vast knowledge of existentialism. I was really hoping Pat-Tekker-Cat would chime in HINT HINT. I am guessing she has her own reasons not to, probably doesn't want to stand on a golf course during a thunderstorm.

Rebel: The answer is John Hinckley Jr.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

OK now I've got my bearings where you guys are coming from.......standard/basic psychology versus Eastern philosophies....

I did martial arts.....kung fu and tai chi.....meditation, etc.....playing with the ying/yang balance also bought and studied a few books by Alexander Lowen who was an expert on grounding....not sure if his theories are still valid today or not....

So you guys are floating between the two approaches....clue me in if I'm on or off the mark.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill: Spot on mate. Throw in all the medical mumbo jumbo and you got it. I know my explanations are laden with jargon and difficult to understand. Given Rebel's understandable interest in the brain I figured I would throw it out there for him.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Bill: You already have a good fund of knowledge about psychology and the way people work. Rebel and I are using few words intentionally. It helps cut out emotion and get straight to the thought. You don't need to read a book. Just ask and one of us will clarify. Feel free to start at the beginning, we'll guide you through. After you get the hang of 'Rebel Speak' he becomes exceptionally lucid.

Rebel is right. I am using a predominantly cognitive/medical/biochemical model. Rebel has much more knowledge of eastern philosophy and religion but I know enough to hang with him. What we are really missing from the conversation is an emphatic transcendentalist with a vast knowledge of existentialism. I was really hoping Pat-Tekker-Cat would chime in HINT HINT. I am guessing she has her own reasons not to, probably doesn't want to stand on a golf course during a thunderstorm.

Rebel: The answer is John Hinckley Jr.

Thought it was... wasn't sure, tho. You work with him...?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

That's a big relief......I'm not quite as crazy as I thought......lol.....if I had one talent during my working career it was trying to sift through all the facts and figures and come up with an answer or solution to the most complex situations.....

They threw me on more special projects than I can remember.....and I usually ended up being the mediator to come to some kind of middle ground.....I have to admit I was pretty good playing that role.....

That said when I played that role here I hit a brick wall.....going to have to got back to my industrial psychology books and see where I went wrong....lol.

Took a course called dimensional sales training......it covered 4 quadrants or character types and how to deal with them......
me thinks most of the ones I've knocked heads with fall into the Q1 part of the equation.....check it out on the net.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No, I never worked in the psych unit there. I'm sure his doctors are carefully chosen and monitored by the government, but knowing he was somewhere in the vicinity was a cool experience.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Bill: Spot on mate. Throw in all the medical mumbo jumbo and you got it. I know my explanations are laden with jargon and difficult to understand. Given Rebel's understandable interest in the brain I figured I would throw it out there for him.

YEP!

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Rebel and PTC (Pat-Tekker-Cat): Help me understand. 3 different patients in office all with temporary death (2013 def.) today. No heartbeat, no breathing. All three used the word "bliss." I have not had a pt. bring this up in months. 3 in the same day? Coincidence? I doubt it. I've never been brought back. What is out of body experience like?

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel and PTC (Pat-Tekker-Cat): Help me understand. 3 different patients in office all with temporary death (2013 def.) today. No heartbeat, no breathing. All three used the word "bliss." I have not had a pt. bring this up in months. 3 in the same day? Coincidence? I doubt it. I've never been brought back. What is out of body experience like?

Hi all...I have just read these posts with interest.I work in the mental health field and I have an interest in near death experiences..I would recommend the book Proof of Heaven to anyone who wants to read the first hand account of a Neurosurgenons personal experience. As far as I am concerned it brings credibility
to the subject.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

NEVER heard of "Temp. Death"; I was CLINICALLY DEAD by Nov. 30, 1992 definition of NO heart beat; NO independent breathing on my own; and VERY weak brain activity. For how long...? NOT sure; body was shocked back to Human Life, put on ventilator via Trache, tube feeding. 2 1/2 months Locked-in-state coma; ventilator/Trache, tube-feeding. WEAK heart beat/brain activity; brain waves in THETA. AND! THAT was only the HUMAN, PHYSICAL body. I/Me Consciousness (I/M C) was ELSEWHERE. BLISS was the WORLD OF LIGHT, with a "sense" of PEACE & CONTENTMENT. Don't have to eat, drink; NEVER get "tired" (it IS for ETERNITY); the colors were vibrant; met MY older sister, who was deceased THREE years before I was even born...
(she is my Guardian Angel); too much to share at once. Out of Body Experience is MOSTLY "local" within the OR or room of house. Had MANY in my youth, both "sudden" or "induced"; found that MIND/CONSCIOUSNESS is separate from brain/body. I know of two other ppl, who had OoBE, a former FBI Supervisor, and a civilian; they were scared sh**less by the experience.
AFTER-LIFE EXPERIENCE, is when I/M C meets with
deceased family/friends, and/or meet with HIGHER POWER.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hi all...I have just read these posts with interest.I work in the mental health field and I have an interest in near death experiences..I would recommend the book Proof of Heaven to anyone who wants to read the first hand account of a Neurosurgenons personal experience. As far as I am concerned it brings credibility
to the subject.

GREAT book; met him, & heard his story. Book is in paperback. www.lifebeyonddeath.net/

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"Google" Out of Body Experience"; met Bob Monroe, his daughter (Nancy, aka "Scooter"), Joe McMoneagle; know ALL about Operation STARGATE (US Army - Intel; now run by CIA); REMOTE VIEWING (which COULD be utilized for TREASURE HUNTING). RV sites for treasures to "see" where they are... ONLY. Need human, "physical" hands to dig it up...
I had met Bob (Robert Monroe), et al BEFORE my Nov. 30, 1992 "event"; therefore, I KNEW.
Once I/M C "popped" out, checked on the "Silver Cord"... and was GONE!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread