Brinks Home Security lock box (with pics!)

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everybody, I havent posted anything on here in a long time, but now I have somethin to be happy about. This happened the other day and it wasnt with my metal detector. The story goes as this...
The neighbors of these people i know own storage garages and when the customers dont pay their bills, the owners have to clear out the storage garage and pretty much throw the peoples stuff out unless they can come get it. Well this stuff was sitting out there for quite some time, so just the other day the owners told my friends that we could take whatever we want from the pile. It wasnt like a run right over there type thing, I did feel sorry for the people who owned the stuff, but it was about to be trash. I had no clue what to expect to find, and thinkin there would be coins was far from my mind. So I went over and started to look at some stuff. Well there was this Brinks Home security lock box in a pile of stuff, so i took it ,because of course, lock boxes have important stuff in them. Well i got excited and just ripped open the lock box with my hands! What i found inside was like heaven to me. First, there was a bag of foreign coins and paper money, then under that i saw another bag with coin cases in them, so I knew there was something good. What I ended up finding were 53 wheat pennies, 3 buffalo nickels dated 1935, 1936, and unknown, 3 older jefferson nickels, one being a war nickel...a 1944 mercury dime, a 1943 steel penny, and two Indian head pennies dated 1881 and 1891. Plus just a couple other coins. I was so umped and still am, lol. But I have come to the conclusion that if those people do ask about the coins, I will gladly give therm back. Sorry I dont have pictures, I will ASAP

Attachments

• 6 coins.jpg
    6 coins.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,825
  • nickspenns.jpg
    nickspenns.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 1,779
  • two indians.jpg
    two indians.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,777
  • foreign.jpg
    foreign.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,843
Upvote 0

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bobby, I think you are a decent, stand up guy.
Because you don't do exactly as I would doesn't make you any less of a person in my view.
If we was all the same, life wouldn't be any fun, or a challenge.
Through no fault of your own, someone has lost their collection, and you have gained it.
I have made my opinions known and, short of any more instigation, have said all I need to say.

If this motivates your interest in foreign coins, very good.
There are an astounding variety of international designs, most not worth much, if anything, except for the country they were minted in ,,, But nonetheless fascinating.
I think its about time the USA revamped its coin designs, though I would really hate to see the ideas proposed and accepted with the current stable of leadership.

dogcaught

Mar 2, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II sunray x-1 probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Vanquish 540
Xraywolf said:
Pretty slick dog, working that cynicism and those condescending, mocking words into a message that at first glance appears friendly, impartial & enlightening.
I'm a fan of word play and again, nice piece of work, you should think about getting into politics - At least you didn't resort to stamping your feet and name calling, like some of the others here.

Word play?
All compliments were implied. A hint of cynicism was also implied. Much honest observation was implied. There was no mocking. Xray, Your're A-OK! :icon_thumright: What you decide to cram down people's throats is up to you, no one will censor you. Bobby S is also A-OK! :icon_thumright: Fortunately for us, we live in a society where Bobby S doesn't have to be Xray and vice versa. No matter what you come back with, I still think you are top-notch and an asset to the hobby. (A good guy on his soap box.) Nice Find Bobby! JJ

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was a bit theatric & over the top, dog - I don't recall calling Bobby evil, or saying the return would make tearful, front page news.
Your words, for dramatic effect, hence my diagnosis of "word play" - When you add your own fanciful flair to what someone has already said, thats exactly what it is.

That said, we will never know if they would have been grateful, or ingrates.
One does not do what they think is right hoping for a pat on the back, or to be proclaimed as a great guy.

dogcaught

Mar 2, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II sunray x-1 probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Vanquish 540
Bobby S said:
Just to add some comic relief to this, even if it isnt found funny....Arent lock boxes suppose to be hard to break into? I was able to pull it open with my hands! Either i got hidden strength or security boxes arent really that secure.

Impressive exhibition of strength Bobby! :notworthy: Remind me to never stash anything valuable in a Brinks.....JJ

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dogcaught said:
Bobby S said:
Just to add some comic relief to this, even if it isnt found funny....Arent lock boxes suppose to be hard to break into? I was able to pull it open with my hands! Either i got hidden strength or security boxes arent really that secure.

Impressive exhibition of strength Bobby! :notworthy: Remind me to never stash anything valuable in a Brinks.....JJ

Haha thanks man....I guess their just gonna have to have me test out their new products to make sure they cant get broken into easily again.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureFiend said:
When I am treasure hunting I keep everything that I find regardless if I can track down the owner or not.

Some people like to return lost rings and such and I am happy for them when they can, me though, I am not interested in parting with my treasures. We take the time to find the stuff (weather it be MD'ng, trash pickin, yardsale hunting ect, its ours to do with as we choose.
I just about spit my coffee on the screen when I read this part TF.............hilarious, really TF tell us how u feel....lol

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TEXAN Connection said:
actually XRay you did take something, you put your opinion where it doesent belong, and you hijacked this thread.

Oh yeah, no doubt you'd love to be the guy who decides what opinion belongs where - Maybe you're bucking to be a mod here, until you are thats not for you to decide.
I started with a simple 6 sentence observation, guys like YOU derailed the thread by stamping your feet and trying to call me out for expressing an opinion.
I've already tried to end it multiple times, the person with the most right to be upset is calm and collected, and you have to keep chiming in offering more irrelevant thoughts.

And Jason, if you're really so curious about my gold cross that you have to pm me about it, I already detailed that right here, in post #57.
I generally do not pm by the way, seems a bit girlish to me.
Say what you got to say in open forum.

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mamabear2 said:
cool find! both the papaer and the coins are worth money.

You think so? I thought they'd be worth nothin

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool find!

I like that Jim Fregosi token. I remember him from the '73 Mets in the World Series against the A's.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score Bobby !

Keep your Eyes open for More.

JEFF

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds,congrats! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread