Broken hearted over and over

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It dried out a bit from the week of rain and we went hunting rocks with little results untill 3+ hours in. That's when I checked a huge washout and came across all of this within a 10" circle. Half of the broken blade was in a puddle....but when I saw it I knew they were a match. I found the preform and the other points and was feeling alright....till I found the bigger blade fragment. It's the same material, same imperfections. I was on my hands and knees for 30 minutes dredging the close by puddles looking for the other half of the blade. No luck.any input on the ages of any of this is welcome. It would be interesting to see if these are all from the same period. There are a lot of huge washout puddles. I'm considering going back with a snorkle. Hi

Upvote 0
OP
OP
the_mad_cladder

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_20170430_192203.jpg IMG_20170430_191416.jpg

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always glad to see NC finds! We have started to see more frequent rains finally here in NC. Always check the washouts.

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds. Tough call on ID, but I think the top right piece looks like a Savannah River, or possibly one of the earlier Morrow Mountain types. Is that a triangle point in the top left? Hard to tell from the pic but if it is they usually date a little later, woodland through Mississippian. Good luck,HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread