Buddy found this

Fort A

Oct 29, 2013
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend found this yesterday, i know it has something to do with women stuff. Looks to be pretty old.

Front and back of it.

IMG_0196(1).jpgIMG_7825.jpg

Upvote 5
Probably. Congrats to the finder!

It looks like it could possibly be silver. Have you checked it for markings?

Hi Fort A; That is a beautiful Victorian Gold Filigree Brooch with Natural Topaz. It's my birthstone. The Topaz appears to be a tangerine in color.That is the most sought after color for Topaz. Have it appraised. That stone can be worth some bucks ok. Be sure to let us know what they say ok. PEACE:RONB :thumbsup:

Hi Fort A; That is a beautiful Victorian Gold Filigree Brooch with Natural Topaz. It's my birthstone. The Topaz appears to be a tangerine in color.That is the most sought after color for Topaz. Have it appraised. That stone can be worth some bucks ok. Be sure to let us know what they say ok. PEACE:RONB :thumbsup:

told him it might be an orange topaz (my birth stone too) - on another forum
mentioned it was probably Victorian too - told him to take it to a jeweler - an antique jeweler

Nice find..unique !!!

Definitely get it looked by local jeweller.

Looks very similiar to one I found back in '09. Different stone and setting, but same size.

Attachments

• 5-24-2009 Brooch with blue gem.jpg
    5-24-2009 Brooch with blue gem.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 147
I would go crazy if I found something like that. Too cool. :thumbsup: Congrats to the finder!

I told him what you guys said about it so hes taking it this weekend to get it checked out. Thank you.

I would go crazy if I found something like that. Too cool. :thumbsup: Congrats to the finder!

Yea me too. I have yet to find any silver or stuff like that. But i've only been in it for a few months. The thing is i'm still hunting the old civil war camp sites but i have a couple old house places i got to check out when i get around to it. I'm still looking for that box of guns they buried. :thumbsup:

cool find ! gz! :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-S6500D using Tapatalk 2

Way too big for a topaz, most likely citrine or glass on a brass frame. It is costume jewelry although older costume jewelry. The back of the stone exhibits abrasion wear and topaz is a hardness of 8 on the Mohs scale and will not show any wear. Looking more closely at the back of the stone it appears to be glass. It is a cool find, but not gold and topaz. Looks more 30s-40s too me, the work isn't a finely defined as Victorian era pieces.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back