Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hunting partner Ridley scored us permission to hunt this old property built in 1925. Is is vacant, up for sale (only $1.5mil if interested), and soon to be gone. Due to the tall grass and weeds, we were pretty limited to search areas.
We weren't there more than a few minutes and Ridley digs up a wheat in front of the house. I thought to myself, "I'm going to get my butt kicked once again by Ridley and his DFX". :'( Of course I smiled and congratulated him, but I really wanted to say, "you #@&+@%?". (That's Chinese for "great job") ;D
If you recall, Ridley has kicked my butt the last two hunts with his Barber finds. He left me all of the aluminum though. ::)
I headed out back to search and spooked up a doe, a fawn, and also a fox in the back field area. Every kind of animal except a Buffalo back there. After getting tired of using my Tesoro as a weedwhacker, I headed back to the front of the house. By this time Ridley had moved on. As I searched around the bottom of the front steps, I realized all the leaves were covering up some concrete pavers.
Since desperate times call for desperate measures, I started pulling up the pavers one by one and detecting where they were. BINGO! I dug up a 1935 Buffalo nickel. ;D I wasn't sure if I should do the fist pumping chicken dance like KirkPA, or just blow out the back of my jeans like Outraged did. ??? I decided to keep quit until I finished searching all the pavers. Unfortunately, that was the only oldie under there. :'(
Folks, I know it isn't a spectacular find, but anytime I can outdo the Riddler in a hunt, I'll take it.
I also found a 1965 dime (missed silver by 1 year :'( ).
I would now like to spend the next few days gloating, before Ridley and I head back out to the site he found his Barber quarter last week.
Sorry for the long-winded story, but this was a historic event for me and the Mighty Tesoro.
Have a great week,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 633
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 630
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 636