Bummed

becky21b

Jul 12, 2010
Santa Cruz, Ca
Went to two different places 2 hours each, only to come home with a single 1977 Penny.. :-[ I thought both places would be promising, but I don't know, I dug up a lot of nails and pull tabs. I'm getting really Frustrated with all the garbage. The one place that I went to used to be a 1900's Polo Ground/club house (the club house is still there but its condemned and fenced off), where all the rich people went back in the day. Thought for sure I would get something, but no.... Ill have to fiddle with my detector and get it tuned in better I guess... The crappy thing about that place its a 15 min walk up hill.. lol so it sucks cuz your tired by the time you get up there. Anyway thanks for hearing me rant :'(

Upvote 0

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is clear that the area has been well made by other hunters, then you should look for places where other hunters think they never would, for example look at remote and isolated farm fields where no one can reach easily, but you never go hunting alone and look for a hunting companion could roll a foot or falling down a mountain (lleba provided a mobile phone) never climb a mountain to hunt in America since it is not necessary, you have hundreds of agricultural fields near the city full of relics ... only have to have patience.
If the fields you to visited are made is that older houses are near or places that make a signal to other hunters. Look for any fields that are not near any old house or monument, ( the antique farmers who visited these fields are task brings the trash out of their homes and thrown together with coins and antique buttons .. etc.) Also find coins fell out of the pockets of the people and the like. To me this system has worked for me very well.
Stop hunting in these parks full of garbage and go hunting in the agricultural fields await thousands of bullets, buttons, buckles and old coins from your country. :thumbsup:
in the agricultural fields also has antique gold rings and silver coins , once there is no need to visit the park and to disturb the happy couples. :laughing7:

Greetings and be patient!

dogcaught

Mar 2, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II sunray x-1 probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Vanquish 540
I would disagree about the crappy 15 minute hike up the hill only to get skunked. Some of my favorite hunting places usually involve 95% hiking and climbing, and maybe 5% detecting, sometimes scaling sheer cliffs with my detector and gear. I really don't care if i find anything on these trips as I had a great time outdoors and know it was time better spent than in front of the TV. JJ

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
99% of my hunts are bummed. The 1% makes up for all of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread