Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Just my 2 cents worth -- since you'll be dealing with a "house" that was formerly "merchandise-storage" jerry-rigged from a "factory", just be sure all electric power is turned off to whatever area you rip apart, as old electric wiring could be pretty much anywhere, and maybe dad cut a few corners also. Better to be safe than sorry! If cache is there, I hope you find it and that it's awesome! Andi

catbird

Oct 18, 2008
raleigh
Detector(s) used
whites XLT
does anyone live in the factory/ home now. i assume this is first floor. no crawl space undernieth( space between first floor and ground). i would have to consider some type of metal is in the concreate, otherwise there would be cracking just like lastleg mention, moisture penitration. maybe a non- ferious metal locater, one that would not pick up on metals that are magnetic might work if the cache is big enough and not buried too deep...

Last edited:

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my 2 cents worth -- since you'll be dealing with a "house" that was formerly "merchandise-storage" jerry-rigged from a "factory", just be sure all electric power is turned off to whatever area you rip apart, as old electric wiring could be pretty much anywhere, and maybe dad cut a few corners also. Better to be safe than sorry! If cache is there, I hope you find it and that it's awesome! Andi
It would be a big shocker if the electric power is still on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread