Hello Simon apparently its Don Joses infamous sock coffee.:laughing7:

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Simon

In answer to question its the Ocean child? Yep re registered to another name now as her charter licence was granted from Indonesian government. We have a joint ownership with a Belgium feller ex retired treasure hunter who has Indonesian wife. They in turn own a small tourist resort in Bali It was only because of his wife we could register this charter company. Getting on the drink with him he can tell a yarn or too.

Kanacki

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Never really saw pictures of her, she looks beautiful from what that picture shows. Now the beautiful Drumbeat is another story. :notworthy:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good coffee is sock coffee, 5 cups/day

Hola BillA

I do indeed like my sock coffee with little nip of Captain Morgan for an extra kick. But alas ye swabs we have confounded the binnacle and frozen the balls off the bash monkey and deviated away a little off our pirate topic.

So my apologies in advance. In effect just visiting Panama was amazing to see the history of the old and new city. The Canal fort Lorenzo , Porto Bello indeed is step back into history and one can only wonder how much treasure passed through these places to Europe and in turn changed the world. To me its a treasure in itself.

Kanacki

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
Hi Kanacki

Yes, but . . . . their destruction was simply too much.
Modern revisionist ? or more coyote howling ?

I would observe that modern detectors might find a bit in Panama.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never really saw pictures of her, she looks beautiful from what that picture shows. Now the beautiful Drumbeat is another story. :notworthy:

Hello Simon. The Drumbeat is in Thailand sailing around Phuket, a rainforested, mountainous island in the Andaman Sea. My oldest son is running that one. Hes been ferrying around drunken loved up cashed up 20 somethings around the islands a coves. Doing really well.

So you see old pirate Kanacki has been marooned by his swabbie sons having adventures for themselves. :laughing7::laughing7:

But avast ye mates old Kanacki for a short while be sailing to the tinkle of stars and the moon to steer her by. For only a short while but no longer the long voyages of the past. Longest voyage we live on her for 11 months straight. The other half no more a patience person that she has been with my long voyage wants some quaility landlubbing times these day. A two week voyage is visit and a treat.

Kanacki

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you very much Kanacki. And it is I that needs to apologize to atodisco for derailing the thread. You Kanacki and BillA were just being gentlemen in answering my questions. I now digress and watch from the sideline.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
atodisco seems not bashful, nor are we - threads evolve and can return

keywords: Morgan, Panama, silver, destruction

now we are back on topic

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kanacki

Yes, but . . . . their destruction was simply too much.
Modern revisionist ? or more coyote howling ?

I would observe that modern detectors might find a bit in Panama.

I am saddened to hear of the disregard of colonial ruins in Panama. Most modernist revisionist historians these days are lefties subscribing to victim politics so for me they have long lost their credibility.There is no rational debate with these people. There is a whole generation of people with the you owe me mentality that have been bottle fed with the fruits of our labor . So its easy to blame others for everything not falling into their lap.

However my apologies in advance as we not allowed politics so I refrain from commenting more. Panama I feel should do a little more to developing understanding the importance of their colonial history the good and bad.And I agree detecting could find much more bits of their heritage.

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
atodisco and her friends need to decide themselves what they want to be film makers or treasure hunters. I am not sure you can do both without one impinging on the other?

Kanacki

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel they may open up a flood gate of legalities if they go the route of Film Makers. Stealth would be my approach. 8-)

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
True, but having footage of something that may incriminate them in some unknowing way seems like a risk. As stated here before, trying to remain under the radar is hard to do, but can be done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread