Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone seen these one? It's not so much metal detecting(though one show they have a few guys search a yard for gold coins) but more estate finds.I'm liking it so far,two antique dealers go to abandoned homes or homes of someone who has had someone pass and left them their estates to pick through.Some of the families of the deceased need the money for various reasons but have no idea about the value of what was left. It's pretty heartwarming sometimes(everyone say "awwww.) and very enlightening.No gimmicks,no cartwheels or 84,000 resounding "YEAHS!"

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ahhhhhh I get it, you see me log in and you skedaddle.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No way Jay-gee! Well anyway,its a good show if you're into antiques,garage sales treasures,etc.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a show idea they stole from BBC america
no haven't caught it yet.

the Britt show, they would come in , pack everything saleable,
then take it to auction.

& at the end it was all smiles, because it was always more then enough for them to
go on vacation or whatever they mentioned at the beginning they wanted the
$$$ for :tongue3:

possibly
Cash in the Attic

Last edited:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New Gold fever on DSC, great history lesson. Not the hokey Tom massie stuff

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New Gold fever on DSC, great history lesson. Not the hokey Tom massie stuff

I think that's like pretend reenactments isn't it ?

actors playing 19th century Miners & historians speaking

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't seen the show, but have a story lol... Your thread made me remember it. Back in 05 My ex wife's dad hit an estate sale. He had a tid bit of smarts as to what he bought but I pushed it over the edge. He came home with about 10 big boxes packed full of Comic books. All from the 50's to the 70's. I was tasked with going through and weeding out the good from the bad. I got to pick some for me of course. As time went on I had to sell my small collection shich I hate myself for now lol. I made about 2,000 bucks on 5 comic books. I will never know what he made of his sales. He never collects he just buys and re sells. sorry to ramble lol

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Haven't seen the show, but have a story lol... Your thread made me remember it. Back in 05 My ex wife's dad hit an estate sale. He had a tid bit of smarts as to what he bought but I pushed it over the edge. He came home with about 10 big boxes packed full of Comic books. All from the 50's to the 70's. I was tasked with going through and weeding out the good from the bad. I got to pick some for me of course. As time went on I had to sell my small collection shich I hate myself for now lol. I made about 2,000 bucks on 5 comic books. I will never know what he made of his sales. He never collects he just buys and re sells. sorry to ramble lol
This the kind of stuff these guys find in these peoples' homes,stuff they had maybe just bought on a whim and never knew the value they could potentially hold further down the road. Sounds like you knew the value of some of the comic books he had,you made a killing! :icon_thumright:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just wondering whatever happened to coilypoo

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I saw the show. the detector segment was very realistic. Not a bunch of panzys like the other MD shows.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions