Business cards might help us (PROS and CONS )

Grizzly13

Sep 22, 2012
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe. Garrett 2500/garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Business cards might help us (PRO'S and CON'S )

Tonight I'm going to print up some business cards to present when I knock on doors for permission to detect. I believe that this might give folks some peace of mind having my name, address and have a number to call if they ever have the need for a detector in case of losing a personal item. Putting myself in their shoes I don't know if I would just grant the permission to someone I have any info on. What do you think ? What are the pro's and Con's ? Feel free to comment on the Idea and maybe some can give me feedback on experiences already with cards?

sky355

Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Griz,

Yes many of us on Tnet use Business cards to approach land owners with and pass out to the public for services. This is also something you get when you sign up for most Detecting clubs. What I do is put the Metal Detectors by laws on the back to let them know how I treat their property. This will definitely bode well in your favor when approaching someone you never met to try and get permission to detect. It also helps when you get approached by law enforcement and they are inquiring about what your doing. Ive had a few occasions where this has happened and I passed them a card which 1. breaks the ice. 2 shows law enforcement that you are professional and respectful of where your detecting. Ive had it turn some tense situations into some very cool experiences with law enforcement.

OP
OP
G

Grizzly13

Sep 22, 2012
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe. Garrett 2500/garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank You, I'm fairly new to this, I do know alot of farmers being born on a dairy farm myself I have a way of smoozing with them most of the time, but todays old farm steads are being purchased by a different breed. Some look at you like you just got out of a spaceship and want to abduct them : ) Thought if there was a better way to approach them it might gain me a property of two. As far as law enforcement I didnt think of that angle but that also sounds like a winner. And the regs on the back sounds great, thank you for your direction, much appreciated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread