Bust Wilver + Bust Coppa (New Pics)

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Hey, dudes, the dudes and I got out for some good ole' relic hunting this evening. We decided to hit the superly productive farm that has been producing for many months. Since the farmer had just harvested a new field that we had our "eye" on, we decided to give it a try. At 4:25 p.m., Zoy and I loaded our metal detecting gear into our "Treasure Vehicle" and sped to the location to meet our good buddy, PACO.

While coming to a halt next to the field, PACO was driving towards us at a decent speed. He must have been in a big hurry, too. Heck, there are some sweet relics waiting to be excavated. So, once we both parked our nice vehicles, I asked the first question, "Yo, PACO, how you doing, PACO?" While unloading his gear, he looked over at me, "Good, good, good, Kirk. How are you, Kirk?" While unloading my gear, I looked over at him, "Good, good, good, thanks, buddy." That was when zoyboy looked at me, and stated, "Get your damn gear on, tune that frickin' datector, and go make Ken White proud!" :D

After that sweet dialogue, we were soon walking out to the area of the field that we wanted to relic hunt (I like to say "relic hunt," even though I don't like "relics.") After my good buddy, PACO, tuned his MXT, he soon was yelling out an awesome find (I won't tell you dudes yet. PACO will post tomorrow). That was when I yelled, "YES, I knew something was located here. We knew something, men!" After PACO's recovery, zoy found a good relic that made us get more serious. I decided to focus in this area, too, and about 15 minutes later, I was rewarded with a nice "Q" on "Quarter" hit. I got down on my metal detecting digging knee (my right one...I am not an old man, so I don't need to get on both of my knees. I am not an old man, so I don't need to excavate my relics with a long shovel while standing) and dug down to the desired depth of 2". That was when I plucked out a green disc. I yelled over at the men, "Coin! Large coppa!" Zoy and PACO ran over to me and congratulated me with many handshakes. Dudes, I don't care how many Large coppas I dig, I will always show enthusiam for each one. Some dudes just don't have the energy to show our excitement or they just don't do it in fear of having a heart attack. LMFAO

After my coppa recovery, we soon were excavating but-tins by the handful. PACO was soon yelling out another great find, which I will let him tell you about. I then decided to focus in the vicinity of his area and was soon rewarded with a broken "P" on "Penny" signal that pinpointed at 3". After flipping some soil out of the professionally excavated hole, I saw a coin at the bottom. It was WILVER! I picked it up and that was when I saw what I had found. I, literally, yelled out, "Capped Bust! Capped Bust! Bust wilver! Capped half dime!" It was an 1835 Capped Bust wilver half dime! That was when zoy and PACO were both running at me from two different directions. When they got to the Capped Bust excavation site, we were all jumping around like little children. I even shouted a few curse words that went along with my excitement. Heck, I ain't no ambassador to this hobby, so I don't care what others think about my passion. hahaha I bet the landowners heard us shouting from two hundred yards away. Seriously, if any of you dudes have health problems, I would advise against these zesty celebrations. LMFAO

After the excitement calmed down, we got back to professional business...the seeking of oooold coins! I was soon plucking out but-tins. I felt like a cool dude (I love you Mona) today, so I detected like a cool dude would...I swung my detector with coolness (Kisses to you, too, Mona). Only the cool dudes find the good stuff. LMAO

Since darkness was soon upon us, we headed back to our vehicles with the look of disbelief on our faces...this day will go down in "Bone Dry Datecting" history as the best yet! I won't disclose anymore information because I don't want to steal zoy and PACO's thunda (thunder).

Now, the large coppa I dug has very little detail. BUT, I can see part of the wreath on the reverse and somewhat of the bust on the obverse. I can conclude that it is a Draped Bust coppa...I will do an olive oil soak overnight...hopefully more detail will become evident.

Dudes, we find coppas like some people find clad. :D The stuff is just waiting to be found, so go find it!

*Check out KirkPA's top 25 this coming Sundee...there will be some changes. hahaha

*All relics were found on private property with total consent from the people who are getting taxed on this historic earth.

cappedbust004.jpg

cappedbust011.jpg

coin002.jpg

bust005.jpg

bust010.jpg

Upvote 0

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Bust Wilver + Bust Coppa

AWESOME Half Dime!!! My God that is a capital coin there! That is a rare one my friend! WHITES STRIKES BIG..YEP A_GAINNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that calls for a double or triple fist pump buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Super sweet find, Kirky. You guys have all the luck...CONGRATS!

;) RR

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fantastik finds Kirk-- :o-You are da Man.

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

{Sentinel} said:
AWESOME Half Dime!!! My God that is a capital coin there! That is a rare one my friend! WHITES STRIKES BIG..YEP A_GAINNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that calls for a double or triple fist pump buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can bet the farm they were in the ground, too. ;) :D White's has been kicking some a$$ lately!

River Rat said:
Super sweet find, Kirky. You guys have all the luck...CONGRATS!

;) RR

Thanks, ma'am, but we consider it skill now. LMFAO Just kidding, we do have some great spots lined up.

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

If I am correct in my cal-ca-lation, we are now up to 19 coppas from this property this year. :o

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

coinman66 said:
Bust coinage is always good Kirk! Nice. HH
Coinman66

Thanks, bud, I appreciate the reply. I am just thankful my sweet girlfriend, Stacia, is supportive of my hobby. She allows me to go whenever I want...:o. I will have to show her my Bust wilver! 8) :D :-* :D

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nicely done...you gotta like that old American silver!

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

romeo-1 said:
Nicely done...you gotta like that old American silver!

It is an awesome feeling! Zoy and I were just laughing about how loudly I said, "Capped Bust!" I never thought I could yell that loudly! :D

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

Dude, Dude, Dude!!! Draped Bust Coppa and Bust Wilver!!!! Yes, a great day to remember!

Major congrats to you, Kirk. If I remember my reply to Zoy's post last week, I remember saying that I think you, Zoy, and Paco were all gonna score some Ooooold coinage during an upcoming hunt. Now, I don't know what Paco got yet, but man, you guys did fantastic!!

I dream about finding a Bust Wilver. ::)

I'm real happy for you guys. All of you enjoy the hobby so much. And finds like these will further fuel your desires to make even more great finds!

.....Damn, bust wilver......bust wilver.....bust..w... :o

Congrat, my friend!
CAPTN SE
Dan

I think I know where you're gonna end up on your list next week... 8)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well done on your first hammered ;D

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster

WOW... a stellar day!! I've found a few dimes that were bent kind of like
your half dime, so I took one section of my local newspaper, about 20 pages
and folded them in half, and put the dime in the middle, and laid them on a
concrete floor, and lightly tapped on the newspaper where the dime was
underneath with a hammer. Made the dimes nice and flat again, and the 20 page
thickness of the newspaper prevented any damage whatsoever.
Even in the bent condition it's still a GREAT find!

HH Slabman

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very Nice finds!! That is one glory hole site you got going there.

Luck to you some more.

Sherm :D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Way to go Koin King!!! Coppa Crusader!
Another job well done Kirk. I don't know a "draped bust" from a double "D" bust, but congrats. (probably because I haven't found either one ;D )
So if that's a half dime, where do you think the other half is? ??? Get back out there and find it Dude! ;)

My favorite part of the story was:
So, once we both parked our nice vehicles, I asked the first question, "Yo, PACO, how you doing, PACO?" While unloading his gear, he looked over at me, "Good, good, good, Kirk. How are you, Kirk?" While unloading my gear, I looked over at him, "Good, good, good, thanks, buddy." That was when zoyboy looked at me, and stated, "Get your damn gear on, tune that frickin' datector, and go make Ken White proud!"

Zoy must be the serious side of detecting. ;D

Great job,
MM

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Captn_SE said:
Dude, Dude, Dude!!! Draped Bust Coppa and Bust Wilver!!!! Yes, a great day to remember!

Major congrats to you, Kirk. If I remember my reply to Zoy's post last week, I remember saying that I think you, Zoy, and Paco were all gonna score some Ooooold coinage during an upcoming hunt. Now, I don't know what Paco got yet, but man, you guys did fantastic!!

I dream about finding a Bust Wilver. ::)

I'm real happy for you guys. All of you enjoy the hobby so much. And finds like these will further fuel your desires to make even more great finds!

.....Damn, bust wilver......bust wilver.....bust..w... :o

Congrat, my friend!
CAPTN SE
Dan

I think I know where you're gonna end up on your list next week... 8)

Thanks, bud, for the reply. I couldn't even sleep last night. I would wake up every hour and start to think of my day. I am still on Cloud Nine. This is what the hobby is alll about.

I do remember you stating that about all of us are going to find coppas in one day. You hit it, bud! I was just happy we all got at least one good coin a piece. The Capped Bust was just icing on the cake. :D At first, I thought it was a half real, but then I looked more closely.

Hmmmm...I don't know where I will end up on the top 25! ;) :D

Keep it real, Dan! IOWA! It is approaching!

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

ModernMiner said:
Way to go Koin King!!! Coppa Crusader!
Another job well done Kirk. I don't know a "draped bust" from a double "D" bust, but congrats. (probably because I haven't found either one ;D )
So if that's a half dime, where do you think the other half is? ??? Get back out there and find it Dude! ;)

My favorite part of the story was:
So, once we both parked our nice vehicles, I asked the first question, "Yo, PACO, how you doing, PACO?" While unloading his gear, he looked over at me, "Good, good, good, Kirk. How are you, Kirk?" While unloading my gear, I looked over at him, "Good, good, good, thanks, buddy." That was when zoyboy looked at me, and stated, "Get your damn gear on, tune that frickin' datector, and go make Ken White proud!"

Zoy must be the serious side of detecting. ;D

Great job,
MM

Zoy was joking, too, when he stated that. hahaha We all fool around like kids in a candy store. It makes the hobby even more fun!

I thought your favorite quote would be the one where I stated, "Heck, I ain't no ambassador to this hobby..." :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread