Bust Wilver + Bust Coppa (New Pics)

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Hey, dudes, the dudes and I got out for some good ole' relic hunting this evening. We decided to hit the superly productive farm that has been producing for many months. Since the farmer had just harvested a new field that we had our "eye" on, we decided to give it a try. At 4:25 p.m., Zoy and I loaded our metal detecting gear into our "Treasure Vehicle" and sped to the location to meet our good buddy, PACO.

While coming to a halt next to the field, PACO was driving towards us at a decent speed. He must have been in a big hurry, too. Heck, there are some sweet relics waiting to be excavated. So, once we both parked our nice vehicles, I asked the first question, "Yo, PACO, how you doing, PACO?" While unloading his gear, he looked over at me, "Good, good, good, Kirk. How are you, Kirk?" While unloading my gear, I looked over at him, "Good, good, good, thanks, buddy." That was when zoyboy looked at me, and stated, "Get your damn gear on, tune that frickin' datector, and go make Ken White proud!" :D

After that sweet dialogue, we were soon walking out to the area of the field that we wanted to relic hunt (I like to say "relic hunt," even though I don't like "relics.") After my good buddy, PACO, tuned his MXT, he soon was yelling out an awesome find (I won't tell you dudes yet. PACO will post tomorrow). That was when I yelled, "YES, I knew something was located here. We knew something, men!" After PACO's recovery, zoy found a good relic that made us get more serious. I decided to focus in this area, too, and about 15 minutes later, I was rewarded with a nice "Q" on "Quarter" hit. I got down on my metal detecting digging knee (my right one...I am not an old man, so I don't need to get on both of my knees. I am not an old man, so I don't need to excavate my relics with a long shovel while standing) and dug down to the desired depth of 2". That was when I plucked out a green disc. I yelled over at the men, "Coin! Large coppa!" Zoy and PACO ran over to me and congratulated me with many handshakes. Dudes, I don't care how many Large coppas I dig, I will always show enthusiam for each one. Some dudes just don't have the energy to show our excitement or they just don't do it in fear of having a heart attack. LMFAO

After my coppa recovery, we soon were excavating but-tins by the handful. PACO was soon yelling out another great find, which I will let him tell you about. I then decided to focus in the vicinity of his area and was soon rewarded with a broken "P" on "Penny" signal that pinpointed at 3". After flipping some soil out of the professionally excavated hole, I saw a coin at the bottom. It was WILVER! I picked it up and that was when I saw what I had found. I, literally, yelled out, "Capped Bust! Capped Bust! Bust wilver! Capped half dime!" It was an 1835 Capped Bust wilver half dime! That was when zoy and PACO were both running at me from two different directions. When they got to the Capped Bust excavation site, we were all jumping around like little children. I even shouted a few curse words that went along with my excitement. Heck, I ain't no ambassador to this hobby, so I don't care what others think about my passion. hahaha I bet the landowners heard us shouting from two hundred yards away. Seriously, if any of you dudes have health problems, I would advise against these zesty celebrations. LMFAO

After the excitement calmed down, we got back to professional business...the seeking of oooold coins! I was soon plucking out but-tins. I felt like a cool dude (I love you Mona) today, so I detected like a cool dude would...I swung my detector with coolness (Kisses to you, too, Mona). Only the cool dudes find the good stuff. LMAO

Since darkness was soon upon us, we headed back to our vehicles with the look of disbelief on our faces...this day will go down in "Bone Dry Datecting" history as the best yet! I won't disclose anymore information because I don't want to steal zoy and PACO's thunda (thunder).

Now, the large coppa I dug has very little detail. BUT, I can see part of the wreath on the reverse and somewhat of the bust on the obverse. I can conclude that it is a Draped Bust coppa...I will do an olive oil soak overnight...hopefully more detail will become evident.

Dudes, we find coppas like some people find clad. :D The stuff is just waiting to be found, so go find it!

*Check out KirkPA's top 25 this coming Sundee...there will be some changes. hahaha

*All relics were found on private property with total consent from the people who are getting taxed on this historic earth.

cappedbust004.jpg

cappedbust011.jpg

coin002.jpg

bust005.jpg

bust010.jpg

Upvote 0

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
Those are all great finds, but what a fine half-dime! I had to reach for the Red Book twice after first looking up a dime (you did better to find a half-). WTG!

The designs on those are great, and we all have 'em on the "maybe one day, I hope I hope" list.

That site is like the Comstock Lode for you guys..

But Kirk, what happened to the avatar, bud? You look like Nicolas Cage in "Lord of War", minus his coatsleeves.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
sweet finds as usual Kirk! you guys have been killing this year!!congrats!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Bust Wilver + Bust Coppa

KirkPA said:
Thanks, bud, I appreciate the reply. I am just thankful my sweet girlfriend, Stacia, is supportive of my hobby. She allows me to go whenever I want...:o. I will have to show her my Bust wilver! 8) :D :-* :D

You named your blow-up doll Stacia?? :D :D :D

Kirky.....here is my loving response.-------> Congratulations on two more great coins for your collection. You guys do a great job on both the research and the hunt. 8) <-------How's that? :-*

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i gotta say that I am inspired to get my butt out and hunt this weekend.
way to go bent or not, big congrats!

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Re: Bust Wilver + Bust Coppa

Mona Lisa said:
KirkPA said:
Thanks, bud, I appreciate the reply. I am just thankful my sweet girlfriend, Stacia, is supportive of my hobby. She allows me to go whenever I want...:o. I will have to show her my Bust wilver! 8) :D :-* :D

You named your blow-up doll Stacia?? :D :D :D

Kirky.....here is my loving response.-------> Congratulations on two more great coins for your collection. You guys do a great job on both the research and the hunt. 8) <-------How's that? :-*

Mona, you are a hoot! :D Ma'am, make me proud and go get another coppa!

zoyster

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Kirk without question you always have an exciting post and the digs are to dream for. I do not know, if whats in that historical coppa producing ground can get much better :) but I take comfort in knowing that you have medical knowledge > CPR might be needed at some future fortune finding hunt ;D You guys have it going " as we southern women say " ;)

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the coins and relics!

Charles (Upstate NY)

Jun 5, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer
KirkPA said:
Charles (Upstate NY) said:
Soaking in Olive oil = really bad idea

Kirk that bust half dime is a wonderful find, there are gobs of die varieties for those. I have one with multiple die cracks. Just tracking down your particular variety is half the fun.

Charles

I like this method. It usually brings out some da-tails.

This makes good oil impregnated bearings but ruins copper, bronze coins. There is a preservation book out there which specifically advises against the olive oil method but its your coin. There is accepted coin preservative which will bring out the details.

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
Man that is one awesome silver piece of love there! I can only dream of finding a bossom like that.

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Oh god shes simply beautiful,you have really entered a new zone of detecting,I think some very old gold may be in your future. I have to admit that you have earned a spot in the upper tier of the top 25.

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Dude ! Now haven't i been tellin ya you was gunna find some old Wilver ! Ya see i was born with "no face" ( a veil ) so i is physic ! :D

titan

Jun 29, 2007
northwest tn.
Detector(s) used
MXT
dude let me tell you a cool little story. sold a customer there first dect. the other day (mxt) they had never been metal detecting before. they had a farm they were going to check out and invited me along , so off we went about an hour and half later i hear them holloring at me from across the field i go runnin over and they proudly show me there first coin find, a 1835 capped bust 1/2 dime.talk about a happy dance, first coin ever for her. she is hooked!! five min. later i found a 1942 merc and that was all we found that day.

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Great find Kirk! Still waiting on a capped silver,but being sooo old I'll be lucky if I can get up after finding it LOL.Remember,as you are, so once was I,and as I am so shall you be!I'm talkin' older here,NOT DEAD!! Bootstrap

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Man you are long on the typing. What is the deal with the term wilver and coppa? Is that funny?

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk ,you have been cleaning house . Lots of history down your way. Good stuff.

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Evolution, thanks for the coppa pics. They get me excited just by looking at them! You will find the next Capped Bust! ;)

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
kieser sousa said:
Nice Dude ! Now haven't i been tellin ya you was gunna find some old Wilver ! Ya see i was born with "no face" ( a veil ) so i is physic ! :D

Thanks, go tell Greg about how great we are! LMAO He is a zoyboy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread