Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still in shock. Never would I believe something like this would happen to me. Did a late evening hunt with a friend from Tnet which only lasted about 45 min. As you can see I only found a mini ball and flat button until I came upon this cache. We both were speechless, good thing she decided to video tonights dig. This is the second cache of coins found on this property mixed in with all the civil war relics. First spill was nothing like this, maybe 10 coins. So walking along the woods edge of a corn field I got this ear blowing signal, pinpointed about 3 ft long but narrow I almost skipped it. At a park with the signal that large I surely would have ignored it. Ended up with a cut finger and 64 silver coins. 1 Morgan dollar, 8 Reale, 12 Halfs, 11 Quarters and 39 dimes. I havnt checked for any key dates and most look to be in good shape. I'm amazed over this 8 Reale, looks to be 1830 Zs. Checked off the bucket list:headbang: Like I said Ive heard stories of people finding caches but never dreamed my coil would get over one. Thanks for looking GL&HH

WP_20170428_20_56_55_Pro.jpg WP_20170428_21_55_37_Pro.jpg WP_20170428_21_56_23_Pro.jpg WP_20170428_21_56_49_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 147

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a dream find! Your post made the banner before I visited the forum, as it should have. I think about finding a cache all the time, as probably everyone here does. While I may never find one, your find gives me hope! What a great mix of old silver, congratulations.

jimbonito58

May 6, 2016
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/stock coil , 8x5 & nels storm ,garret carrot
Makro racer 2 w/stock coil ,5" round & 9x5.5 Makro PinP
Mindlab CTX 3030 11'coil / 10x5 coiltek, Minelab 17" smart coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stellar .. you must have been shaking OMG Extra Large Congrats

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang Darryl! Cross cache off the bucket list. Congratulations on that sucker.

OP
OP
dfallis1

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a dream find! Your post made the banner before I visited the forum, as it should have. I think about finding a cache all the time, as probably everyone here does. While I may never find one, your find gives me hope! What a great mix of old silver, congratulations.

Thank you cheffer! We always hear rumors of buried cache but you know how rumors go. Honestly did not expect anything like this to happen. I was looking for a box plate or breast plate since there were several recovered here. I'm glad this find gives others hope of finding their own. Its out there. GL & HH

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oooooohhhhh Yeeeaaahhhhh! Now that's what I'm talking about! How freaking awesome was that? That's a day that will never be forgotten!
Green with envy here...LOL. Wow!!

OP
OP
dfallis1

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oooooohhhhh Yeeeaaahhhhh! Now that's what I'm talking about! How freaking awesome was that? That's a day that will never be forgotten!
Green with envy here...LOL. Wow!!

Thank you miboje! I'm glad I had someone there to share it with. Ill never forget that dig, gives me butterflies thinking about it. Rumors are there could be more. Wonder if ill get a invite back after that. LOL just kidding good people

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool cache find - congrats.

I remember reading a story years ago, maybe on this site, where a person new at detecting dug a bunch of gold coins (in a park I think). Since the person was not that experienced she dug in an area that the experienced md'ers skipped as they thought for sure it was junk due to the signal size. You never can tell unless you dig. If I am off the beaten path, I will dig any loud or large target.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That right there is a dream hunt of a lifetime! Big Congrats!

tabman

OP
OP
dfallis1

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That right there is a dream hunt of a lifetime! Big Congrats!

tabman

Thank you Tabman. It was a dream hunt and I owe a big thanks to Smokeythecat, she's shared that permission with several people from Tnet. I don't think anyone has gone home disappointed.

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, just WOW!!!!

Bisquitlips

Feb 22, 2013
Kansas Ctiy, MO
Detector(s) used
1970s - Garrett BFO
1980s - Whites 4000 Di
1990s - Bounty Hunter Tracker (Wife's)
Future - Likely an XP Deus (On the hunt.)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Overwhelming!

My compliments!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread