Cache Found Photos!!!

trulyers

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2010
When they started pulling the silver coins out of circulation, to be replaced by clad, my dad started saving (hoarding) the silver. He eventually collected together about $225 of it, and I had saved up $75 of it. We went on a vacation, so we put all our silver together in an old metal suitcase, and we buried it in the back yard next to the old power pole there, for safekeeping.

We came back, and later I mentioned to dad that we had buried our silver coins. He had forgotten them, so I showed him where we had buried them, and we dug them up. He later sold our collections to his brother at face value, who owned a coin shop at that time, in another part of the state. Dad was being a nice guy.

But years later, I spoke to dad of those coins we had collected and buried. But like before, he had forgotten that we had buried them when we went on vacation together. He did not remember that at all, years later.

With a lot of people, they will forget that they buried a cache of money. That's why so many caches are still buried, waiting for an enterprising MD'er to come along and find it!

Keep on keepin' on! HH, from Dave

OP
OP
B

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
Been a long time since Ive been on here. Grandpa did very well with he auctions, He kept the two gold pieces and some of the other coins but since its been so long I cant remember what he ended up getting.I think he gave us 10% and we were thrilled. I Dont have a detector right now as mine both broke but im looking to get an Ace 250 before the spring. Thanks for all the great compliments

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
battlecat said:
Been a long time since Ive been on here. Grandpa did very well with he auctions, He kept the two gold pieces and some of the other coins but since its been so long I cant remember what he ended up getting.I think he gave us 10% and we were thrilled. I Dont have a detector right now as mine both broke but im looking to get an Ace 250 before the spring. Thanks for all the great compliments

What was your 10% in dollars?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions