Cache Revisited

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hi again all.? Don't want to bore anyone with this cache thing but I've had some things bugging me that I'm hoping can be solved by some of our resident wizards.? I went back to the site today and took some pictures to help with background a bit.? First pic. is of the natural markers intended to relocate the cache.? Nice line of boulders huh?? The next pic is of the hole I dug it out of, to show depth and orientation.? It was only 6 inches below the surface and buried edgewise as I think you'll be able to tell from the pic.? The third pic is of the site from downstream.? I added a red dot to show where the tin was buried.? I "swiss cheesed" the place today and found nothing else of real interest.? Three pieces of crockery and a bunch of square nails.? Please make it a point to check out my next post "Waxy Cache", as this is where I would really like some help on the unusual nature of this find.? Thanks for lookin'~CO2

Attachments

• Dcp02839.jpg
    Dcp02839.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 291
  • Dcp02840.jpg
    Dcp02840.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 289
  • Dcp02841.jpg
    Dcp02841.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 293
Upvote 0

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
CO2 could this be a GPS cache location someone forgot about until you stumbled on it with your MD? From the photos, I have a good idea what area you where detecting. Found a gold flake there last year while practicing my panning.

OP
OP
Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hey 49'er. I'll bet you do know this spot. I don't know about the GPS hunt theory, but these bolders were not placed. No size reference but they are easily 500 pounders. Just off camera to the right is a boulder shaped like a chair. I left those three pieces of crockery on it so you can find the spot. There's got to be more stuff near there somewhere. Good luck~CO2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread