camera found at thrift store

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
The SX-70 sold Friday night. I didn't get as much as I thought I would, $36, but 7 times what I paid for it. I shouldn't have been so honest in my auction and said it didn't close all the way good and I dind't know if it would work or not, damn my parents bringing me up the way they did. LOL Today my wife, daughter and I were out lawn saling again and came acrossed another SX-70, in better condition, again for $5. I will post that tomorrow and try it again. This time I asked the person selling it if it still worked and he said he thought it did, it just became to hard and expensive to find film for it. He is an acquaintence of ours and a local judge, so I think he can be believed. Thanks again, Ole Fart. My daughter is going to go to college thanks to all the knowledgable people like you and CyberDan helping the rest of us out.

T.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
I got $51 for the second camera. And good feedback on Ebay, so I guess they did work. I think they want the cams for the distance measurement instrument in it. To this day is very accurate, but I am really not sure. T.

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to "old fart" who originally posted this thread. I've been keeping my eyes open for one of these at garage sales since this was posted. I know there were a couple at garage sales previous to this post that I just walked by because I didn't know there value and garage sale season isn't happening in northern NY right now but my son talked in to going to a couple of thrift shops and my eyes just about popped out of my head at a humane society shop when I saw this one.... which will be going on ebay soon....

Attachments

• 2011_0112sx-700011.JPG
    2011_0112sx-700011.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 738

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
j.raud said:
Thanks to "old fart" who originally posted this thread. I've been keeping my eyes open for one of these at garage sales since this was posted. I know there were a couple at garage sales previous to this post that I just walked by because I didn't know there value and garage sale season isn't happening in northern NY right now but my son talked in to going to a couple of thrift shops and my eyes just about popped out of my head at a humane society shop when I saw this one.... which will be going on ebay soon....
which variation is that one? open it up an it will have model at bottom front... I have a Land ALPHA 1

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
j.raud said:
which variation is that one? open it up an it will have model at bottom front... I have a Land ALPHA 1
This one just says SX-70 Land Camera, the instruction booklet and other paper work have the date 10/73 on them so it's one of the earlier ones as they didn't come out until late 1972, and I forgot to post earlier the price...$10.00 at a thrift store that I usually don't find anything at.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
j.raud said:
creeper71 said:
j.raud said:
This one just says SX-70 Land Camera, the instruction booklet and other paper work have the date 10/73 on them so it's one of the earlier ones as they didn't come out until late 1972, and I forgot to post earlier the price...$10.00 at a thrift store that I usually don't find anything at.
can you open it up an take a pic of the bottom front? I swear that it's atleast a alpha

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
j.raud said:
creeper71 said:
j.raud said:
can you open it up an take a pic of the bottom front? I swear that it's atleast a alpha
Here's the pic...

Attachments

• 2011_0112sx-700006.JPG
    2011_0112sx-700006.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 642

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
j.raud said:
creeper71 said:
j.raud said:
creeper71 said:
j.raud said:
Here's the pic...
Dang it.. it's one of the lower grade ones! I was hoping you was over looking something.... http://collectiblend.com/Cameras/Polaroid/SX-70.html

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
>it's one of the earlier ones as they didn't come out until late 1972,

>it's one of the lower grade ones! I was hoping you was over looking something.... http://collectiblend.com/Cameras/Polaroid/SX-70.html
It sure looks like a top of the line SX70. In 1972 I ran a camera department in a big store. When the camera came out Polaroid came out and gave a class on that camera. I was always impressed on the fine detail the film picked up. If I remember we sold them for $100 - $125

I still see a few every month at yardsales will have to add them to my list.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
cyberdan said:
creeper71 said:

>it's one of the lower grade ones! I was hoping you was over looking something.... http://collectiblend.com/Cameras/Polaroid/SX-70.html
It sure looks like a top of the line SX70. In 1972 I ran a camera department in a big store. When the camera came out Polaroid came out and gave a class on that camera. I was always impressed on the fine detail the film picked up. If I remember we sold them for $100 - $125

did you look at the link??? it is a lower grade of all theSX-70'S...

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
cyberdan said:
creeper71 said:

did you look at the link??? it is a lower grade of all theSX-70'S...
I'm not sure what grade it is but it just sold on Ebay for $96.00 so it's still high grade in my book.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread